These quick Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are soft and full of cinnamon flavor. You would never know they're also eggless, nut free, easily vegan and yeast free! They take no time at all to whip up; perfect for all those early morning cinnamon cravings!
These Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls are insanely delicious and only take 20 min to cook! They couldn't be easier since they have no yeast and the result is amazing.
Reasons To Love These Rolls
- Allergy Friendly- These cinnamon rolls are gluten free, nut free, egg free and can easily be dairy free (vegan).
- Light- These rolls are not overly dense.
- Cinnamon- They are full of cinnamon flavor!
- Glaze- They're covered in a delicious vanilla glaze!
- Gluten Free Flour- If you also have nut allergies, make sure to use a brand that’s made in a nut free facility. I really love to use this one because it’s nut safe but it does contain dairy.
- Butter/Vegan Baking Stick- Make sure to use softened and not melted.
- Milk- Make sure to use a non dairy milk to make these dairy free/vegan!
Expert Baking Tips
Make The Filling First
You will need to sprinkle some of the filling in the bottom of the baking dish, so do this step first.
Make The Glaze While The Cinnamon Rolls Are Baking
While the rolls are baking, you can make the glaze.
If the glaze seems too watery, add more confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time.
If the glaze seems too thick, add more water ¼ teaspoon at a time.
It isn't like a frosting. It should be thin enough to pour and spread around with an icing spatula.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make these cinnamon rolls!
STEP 1: Make The Filling
Add the light brown sugar an cinnamon into a medium bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add in the softened butter or vegan baking stick and use clean hands to work all the ingredients together. You want the texture to be nice and crumbly and combined.
Don't worry about over mixing.
Step 2: Sprinkle ⅓ of the Filling
Sprinkle about ⅓ of the filling mixture into the bottom of a greased 9 inch pie dish or cake pan.
You will still see the baking dish underneath, it isn’t meant to be a thick layer. Just sprinkle it all over. You can use less than ⅓ if you prefer.
Step 3: Whisk Together The Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl, combine the gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk to combine.
Step 4: Add the Butter or Vegan Baking Stick
Once again, use clean hands to rip tiny pieces of butter into the dry ingredients.
I usually make my pieces the size of a pea and scatter them all over. Use clean hands to work all the ingredients together.
You are kind of going to be using a squeezing motion with your hands until all those little butter pieces are well incorporated throughout.
Step 5: Add in the Milk
Once it’s all combined nicely, add your 1 cup milk of choice.
Use a spatula to mix the milk in. It might be super sticky so if it is, use your hands to mix it completely.
Step 6: Roll Out The Dough
Lightly flour a clean work surface, your hands and your rolling spatula. Take the dough and knead it a few times just so it comes together, on your clean work surface.
If it seems super sticky add some more gluten free flour so it is easier to work with.
Then roll it out into a rectangular shape. If you notice it sticking as you roll, sprinkle some more gluten free flour on it. You want to roll it out to about ¼ inch in thickness.
Step 7: Sprinkle The Filling
Once it is rolled out. Start sprinkling your filling all over. You want to cover the entire area.
Once it is sprinkled everywhere, I like to use my hands to very gently pat the filling down into the dough. Once that’s done, it’s time to roll.
Step 8: Roll The Dough Into a Log
Roll the dough away from you into a tight log. Once it’s in a log shape, I like to take a sharp knife and cut off the two end pieces.
Now you can cut your log into your 12-18 pieces. Sometimes I cut 18 but usually I cut about 15 slices.
Step 9: Place The Rolls In the Baking Dish
Take your beautiful cut slices and place them into the baking dish. You want the swirl to be face up and all the pieces will be touching one another tightly.
Step 10: Bake
Place the baking dish in the center rack of the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
Step 11: Cool
When you take the dish out of the oven, leave the rolls alone. Don’t try to take them out. Now you’re going to make your glaze.
Step 12: Make The Glaze
Whisk all your glaze ingredients in a medium bowl.
Drizzle the glaze over the warm buns...as much as you like. There is no correct amount here.
Wait a few minutes for the glaze to begin to harden and then serve!
How To Make These Vegan
Follow these simple steps to make sure these muffins are vegan:
- Use a gluten free flour that’s free from dairy.
- Only use a non dairy milk.
- Make sure to use vegan baking sticks instead of butter.
This recipe can make 12-18 rolls, depending on how large you cut them.
I usually make 15.
Since these have no yeast, are gluten free and eggless, they taste best served the same day.
No. This recipe is strictly for no yeast.
Storing and Freezing
Keep the gluten free cinnamon rolls in an airtight container at room temperature. If you don’t have an airtight container that fits them all, wrap any extras in aluminum foil.
They usually stay soft for up to 1 day.
For best results, warm each cinnamon roll in the microwave for 5-10 seconds prior to eating.
I don't recommend freezing the extra rolls. Due to being eggless, they have a tendency to dry out quickly. They are best served the same day.
Other Cinnamon Recipes To Try
Please leave me a star review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare if you make my recipes and follow along on Pinterest! Enjoy!!!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls
For the dough
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan baking stick softened
- 1 cup milk of choice
For the filling
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan baking stick softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the glaze
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. With vegetable oil, grease a 9 inch round or square baking dish.
- For the filling: In a small bowl combine the filling ingredients and work them together with clean hands to form a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the filling mixture into the 9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, the granulated sugar, the baking powder and the salt. Cut or rip in the softened butter in pea size pieces. Once again, using clean hands, work the butter into the mixture.
- Once combined, pour in the milk of choice and combine using a spatula to form a soft dough.
- Lightly flour a clean surface, your hands and a rolling pin. Roll out the dough into a large rectangle about ¼ inch thick. If you notice it sticking, dust with more gluten free flour.
- Spread the remaining filling onto the rolled out dough. Tightly but gently roll the rectangle into a log and using a sharp knife, cut into 12-18 pieces depending on how big you want them. I cut mine into 15.
- Place the rolls into the baking dish with the cinnamon swirl facing up.
- Sprinkle a little extra cinnamon on top, if desired and bake for 20 min.
- When done, remove from the oven and start to make the glaze. In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and the water.
- Once combined, pour it over the warm rolls that are still in the dish. Use a little spatula to spread the glaze around if needed. Let the glaze harden for a few moments and then you can begin to take the rolls out of the pan and serve warm. Enjoy!