This gluten free, nut free and vegan Hot Chocolate is so rich and delicious, you’d never know it’s allergy friendly.
When my daughter was allergic to dairy, pre-packaged hot chocolate mix was not a safe option. Using cocoa powder was the way to go and the one I use is gluten free, dairy free, nut free and safe.
She became hooked on this recipe and even though she can actually have dairy now, she still prefers it vegan.
This hot chocolate takes minutes to make and is that perfect drink for those chilly days. Heck, it’s perfect for any day!
Reasons to Love This Drink
- Allergy Friendly- These cookies are gluten free, nut free, egg free and dairy free (vegan)! Just like my Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake.
- Silky Smooth- The texture of this chocolate is so smooth and luxurious!
- Easy to Make- The drink mixes up in about 15 minutes.
- Dutch Cocoa Powder- The one I use is gluten free, dairy free, nut free and safe.
- Granulated Sugar- Adds extra sweetness to the drink.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to ensure this is Vegan
- Use a cocoa powder that’s free from dairy.
- Make sure the brand of sugar you use is vegan.
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Gluten Free Vegan Hot Chocolate
Step 1: Whisk the Dry Ingredients
In a medium bowl you are going to whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Set this aside.
Step 2: Measure the Water
Measure out 2 cups of water and microwave or boil until hot. If using a microwave, I usually heat it for about 2-3 minutes.
Step 3: Mix and Add Vanilla
Once that’s done heating, pour the hot water into the cocoa powder mixture and whisk to combine. Add in that vanilla and whisk again.
Step 4: Add the Toppings
Pour the hot chocolate into two mugs and top with vegan marshmallows and allergy friendly chocolate syrup, if you desire (I always do because...the more chocolate the better).
And that is IT!!!! Vegan Hot Chocolate for two is only minutes away! Enjoy!
Other Cozy Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Gluten Free Vegan Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Use a small whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Microwave or boil 2 cups of water until hot. If microwaving, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the hot water into the sugar cocoa mixture. Whisk to combine. Add in the vanilla and whisk again.
- Pour into two mugs and top with vegan marshmallows and vegan/allergy friendly chocolate syrup, if desired. Enjoy!