This gluten free, nut free and vegan Hot Chocolate is so rich and delicious, you’d never know it’s allergy friendly.
A Safe Option
When my daughter was allergic to dairy, pre-packaged hot chocolate mix was not a safe option. Using cocoa powder was the way to go and the one I use is gluten free, dairy free, nut free and safe.
She became hooked on this recipe and even though she can actually have dairy now, she still prefers it vegan.
This hot chocolate takes minutes to make and is that perfect drink for those chilly days. Heck, it’s perfect for any day!
Let’s Make Some Hot Chocolate!
In a medium bowl you are going to whisk together the cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Set this aside.
Measure out 2 cups of water and microwave or boil until hot. If using a microwave, I usually heat it for about 2-3 minutes.
Once that’s done heating, pour the hot water into the cocoa powder mixture and whisk to combine. Add in that vanilla and whisk again.
Don’t Forget The Toppings!
Pour the hot chocolate into two mugs and top with vegan marshmallows and allergy friendly chocolate syrup, if you desire (I always do because...the more chocolate the better).
And that is IT!!!! Vegan Hot Chocolate for two is only minutes away! Enjoy!
Gluten Free Vegan Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, combine the granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Use a small whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Microwave or boil 2 cups of water until hot. If microwaving, about 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the hot water into the sugar cocoa mixture. Whisk to combine. Add in the vanilla and whisk again.
- Pour into two mugs and top with vegan marshmallows and vegan/allergy friendly chocolate syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Hershey’s.