These Gluten Free Apple Muffin are fluffy bakery style muffins with a medley of apple and cinnamon throughout, topped with more brown sugar and cinnamon. If that wasn’t enough, they’re gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily vegan!
It’s no surprise I love apple flavored baked goods!
The combination of apple and cinnamon…dreamy!
I could eat my Baked Apple Cider Donuts every day of the week. I wish I was exaggerating but it’s true!
Biting into one just reminds me of autumn and leaves changing, cool crisp mornings, grey skies and apple picking.
These muffins do that for me too!
Usually, apple cinnamon muffins have chunks of apples, which is delicious.
However, my daughter does not like chunks of anything in her muffins…unless it’s chunks of chocolate! I totally understand.
So I made these delicious Gluten Free Apple Muffins with zero chunks of apples.
So you’ll have this beautiful apple cinnamon flavor with nothing but a fluffy muffin. Perfection!
For more muffin recipes, try my Bakery-Style Chocolate Chip Muffins, Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Muffins and my Jumbo Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Muffins.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make this Vegan
- Use a gluten free flour that’s free from dairy.
- Swap out the milk with a non dairy milk.
How to Make Gluten Free Apple Muffins
Step 1: Whisk the Together the Dry Ingredients
In a large bowl whisk together the gluten free flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
Step 2: Whisk together the Wet Ingredients and Brown Sugar
In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, apple sauce, milk of choice, vegetable oil and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
Step 3: Add the Wet Ingredients to the Dry
Slowly add them in a little at a time and whisk them together. Once it gets too thick, switch to using a spatula. Mix until combined.
Step 4: Fill the Muffin Tin to the Top
Line your muffin pan with liners. If you don’t have liners, grease each muffin well in the tin. Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin tins to the top. If you’re using the jumbo pan, use all the batter to fill 6 cups. You want them filled to the top because they are going to rise straight up.
Step 5: Smooth the Tops
Use the back of a spoon or a small knife to smooth the tops of the muffins.
Step 6: Add More Brown Sugar and Cinnamon
Sprinkle more brown sugar and cinnamon on the tops of each muffin before they go into the oven.
Step 7: Bake the Muffins
Bake the muffins until they are risen and springy to the touch. About 25-28 min.
Step 8: Let the Muffins Cool
Let them cool almost completely in the muffin pan before trying to take them out. If you have paper liners, the muffins will come right out. If you don’t have liners, once they’re cool, use a small spatula to lift them out of the pan.
Step 9: Serve the Muffins
You can eat these warm and or at room temperature. Once they’re cool, store the muffins in an airtight container on your counter, or wrapped in aluminum foil and then placed in a zip top bag.
I can’t say enough good things about these muffins.
They’re a delicious combination of apple and cinnamon and a quick and easy breakfast.
Gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily vegan, these muffins will be sure to wow anyone that eats them!
Expert Baking Tips
- Smooth the tops- Use the back of a spoon or a small knife to smooth the tops of the muffins.
Yes! You can!
If you’re not using homemade applesauce, make sure you buy a gf/vegan applesauce that is made with cinnamon.
Other Apple Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube! Enjoy!!!
Gluten Free Apple Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon plus extra for sprinkling
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- ⅓ cup apple sauce with cinnamon
- 1 ⅓ cup milk of choice
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a jumbo 6 cup muffin tin with vegetable oil or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the light brown sugar, the apple sauce, milk of choice, vegetable oil and vanilla.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and whisk till just combined. If it starts getting too thick, switch to a spatula to combine.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups almost to the top. Smooth the batter with the back of a spoon or a butter knife.
- Sprinkle a little pinch of light brown sugar and cinnamon on top of each muffin. Bake the muffins in the center rack in the oven for 25-28 minutes until they are risen and springy when carefully and gently poked.
- Let them cool a few minutes in the tins and then use a small spatula to lift them out of the muffin tins.
- Wrap extra muffins in aluminum foil and then put in a zip top bag. Or place muffins in an airtight container on the counter.
These Jumbo Apple Cinnamon Muffins are the best! Autumn flavor in every bite!