This Strawberry Apple Dump Cake is like a cobbler but without all the work. It is the perfect dessert for pie lovers everywhere. It’s gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily vegan by using vegan baking sticks instead of butter and a dairy free gf flour. You can use any fruit combination that you’d like and it can serve your entire family. Top it with confectioners’ sugar, fresh fruit, whipped cream, a scoop of Strawberry Ice Cream or all of those things (why the heck not?!) and dig in!
The kids are always excited to help me bake but this Strawberry Apple Dump Cake is so simple, they can basically make it themselves, aside from some slicing of the fruit. This recipe is wonderful because you can really use any fruit combination that you’d like and it the prep work is exactly as the cake implies: dump everything into a baking dish. Literally.
If you're looking for more strawberry recipes, make sure to check out my no bake strawberry pie!
Let’s get dumping!
Ok, let’s start by chopping up our fruit. Wash, peel, core and cut up 3-4 apples into chunks. Slice the tops off the washed strawberries and cut into quarters. Congratulations. You just did the most difficult part of this entire process! Haha.
Next, let’s grease and flour our 9 X 13 inch baking pan. This basically means you’re going to rub your butter or vegan baking stick all over the inside of the baking dish and then sprinkle some gluten free flour in the dish; using a clean hand, spread the flour all around.
Now it’s time to add the fruit to our Strawberry Apple Dump Cake.
Place the apples and strawberries into the pan in a single layer. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the fruit and drizzle the vanilla over the top. Give the pan a little gentle shake to combine.
Add the dry ingredients.
In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Are you ready for this next step? Sprinkle this mixture over top of the fruit in the baking pan. No, I am not kidding. Yes, it is that simple. Give it another gentle little shake to combine. Place the cubed butter or vegan baking stick evenly over the top and that is it!
Pop it in the oven and bake it for 45-50 minutes or until the cake is golden brown and the top springs back when carefully touched. I say carefully because I do not want you to burn your hand! Please be careful!
When it has cooled a bit, cut up into as many slices as you’re serving and top with with any of those incredible things I listed earlier.
This dessert is amazing because it is seriously so easy to prepare and tastes so so good. Gluten free, egg free, nut free, easily dairy free and amazingly delicious. Enjoy, you guys!
Other Strawberry Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube! Enjoy!!!
Strawberry Apple Dump Cake
For the Filling:
- 4 cups apple chunks 3-4 apples
- 2 cups fresh strawberries quartered
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Topping:
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour use dairy and nut free for allergy friendly
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter cut into cubes or vegan baking stick
For the Filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter and flour a 9x13 baking pan.
- Place the apples and strawberries in a single layer in the pan. Sprinkle with sugar and drizzle the vanilla over the top. Gently shake the pan to combine.
For the Topping:
- Whisk together the gluten free flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the fruit. Gently shake the pan to combine.
- Place the cubed butter or vegan baking stick evenly over the top.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until the cake is golden brown and set. The top should spring back with touched. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: Bake or Break's Blueberry Pineapple Dump Cake.
This is so delicious and a quick recipe for me to follow!