Smooth and creamy this Slow Cooker AppleSauce is so easy to make you won’t even believe it. 6 apples and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon is all it takes. It’s naturally gluten free, nut free and vegan!
Apple picking has always been one of my favorite things.
Walking through the orchard on a cool crisp morning. Leaves changing colors; I can’t get enough.
I even use it in my No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream!
At any rate, you could of course use store bought but this slow cooker recipe could not be more simple. A few years ago, a girl that worked at the orchard told me about this method. She didn’t use measurements but said to toss the apples unpeeled in the crock pot for 4 hours.
I was super skeptical and didn’t think it would come out good.
I assumed it would be mealy and the texture would be off.
When it came out silky smooth, I was completely shocked!
What do we need for this Slow Cooker Applesauce?
- 6 large apples, cored and cut into quarters (possibly more apples depending on the size of your slow cooker)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
That is IT!
This recipe could not be more simple!
Tips for making this applesauce
- Core the apples- After you wash your apples, remove the cores.
- Quarter the apples- Leave the skin on! Yup that’s right, you don’t even need to peel them! Simple cut the cored apples into quarters.
- Fill the slow cooker- Fill the slow cooker with the apples. If 6 isn’t enough to fill the slow cooker to the top, cut up some more apples.
- Cook on HIGH for 4 hours- Set the crock pot to high and cook the apples for 4 hours.
- Blend the apples- After 4 hours, use an immersion blender to blend the apples to a sauce. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender and blend the apples in batches.
- Add the cinnamon- And then stir to combine.
Guys! That is IT! This recipe seriously cannot be any easier.
Enjoy it in a bowl by itself or use it in some of my baked goods…either way it’s silky and divine!!
Slow Cooker Applesauce
- 6 large apples cored and cut into quarters with skin on or enough apples to reach the top of your crock pot
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or more to taste
- Core the apples and then slice them into quarters. Leave the skin on. Place the apple quarters into the crock pot. Fill to the top.
- Turn the slow cooker on high heat and cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, using an immersion blender, blend all the apples into a sauce. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender but will have to do it in multiple batches.
- Add the cinnamon and stir to combine. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.