Made with fresh or frozen blueberries, this Blueberry Jam is sweet, delicious and perfect for all your baking or, of course, on toast. It’s naturally allergy friendly and only takes about 30 min from start to completion.
This jam is so sweet and delicious and the color it produces in all your baked goods is seriously incredible. I used it in my Blueberry Cinnamon Rolls, my Blueberry Cupcakes and my Blueberry Frosting.
REASONS TO LOVE THIS Jam
- Allergy Friendly- This sauce is gluten free, nut free, egg free and dairy free (vegan).
- Sweet- It’s sweet with a little bit of tang.
- Blueberries- It is made with fresh or frozen blueberries!
- Easy To Make- It only requires 4 ingredients!
- Blueberries- You can use fresh or frozen.
- Lemon- Make sure to use fresh squeezed juice and don't forget the peel!
- Granulated Sugar- We only need ¼ of a cup.
- Kosher Salt- To bring out all the flavors.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES
Here are the steps to make this sauce!
STEP 1: PLACE INGREDIENTS IN SAUCEPAN
Place the blueberries, lemon juice, lemon peel, sugar, water and salt together in a saucepan. Stir to combine.
STEP 2: SET OVER MEDIUM HEAT
Mix it all together and set over medium heat, smashing the blueberries with the back of a spoon.
STEP 3: BRING TO A BOIL
Cook, stirring frequently for about 15 min until it begins to boil.
STEP 4: SIMMER
Once boiling, turn the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
STEP 5: LET IT COOL
After 10 minutes it should look thick and syrupy. Let it cool. It will thicken more.
Once cooled, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate.
EXPERT BAKING TIPS
MASH THE Blueberries
Use the back of a wooden spoon to break up the blueberries as you bring them to a boil in steps 2-3.
Use The Lemon Peel
I know we use lemon juice, but the peel of the lemon has all that wonderful flavor.
When it is cooked down, it truly brings out the citrus much in the way that lemon zest does.
The only difference is we don't want pieces of zest in our blueberry jam. Once cooked, simply remove the peel and discard
It makes about 1 cup of jam.
If it gets too thick in the fridge, scoop some into a microwave safe bowl with a little drizzle of water and heat in 5 second increments until the desired consistency.
STORING AND FREEZING
Once cooled, store the Blueberry Jam in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend freezing the jam. It is best fresh.
OTHER Blueberry Recipes To Try
Please leave me a star review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare if you make my recipes and follow along on Pinterest! Enjoy!!!
- 2 cups blueberries fresh or frozen
- ½ lemon juiced
- Peel of half a lemon
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- pinch kosher salt
- Cut a lemon in half and use a knife to carefully peel the lemon. Once peeled, juice half the lemon into a medium saucepan.
- Place all other ingredients, including the lemon peel, in the saucepan and set it over medium low heat.
- Let it cook for 15 min, periodically smashing the blueberries with the back of a spoon and stirring frequently.
- After 15 min, set the heat to low and cook for another 10 min stirring frequently.
- Take the pan off the heat, stir and let cool. Carefully remove the lemon peel.
- Once cool, place jam in a heat resistant jar or airtight container and store in the fridge. The jam will thicken more as it cools.