They’re chocolatey, they’re gooey, they’re sweet and they’re oh so addicting. These Double Chocolate Brownie Bites are the perfect dessert for any chocolate lover. The best part is they’re gluten free, nut free, naturally egg free and can easily be dairy free/vegan!
I have to tell you, these cookies are favorites in my house. They are even the favorite cookie of some of the rest of my family that doesn’t live with me.
My point is, if you love chocolate, you’re bound to adore these cookies.
What makes these chocolate brownie bites so unique?
- Honey - For that deep sweetness that just takes these egg free cookies to the next level.
- Dark brown sugar- The dark brown sugar makes these cookies have that richness that you only get from a molasses like flavor.
- Butter (or vegan baking stick)- The butter blends perfectly with the honey and dark brown sugar creating this medley of sweet, rich, buttery perfection.
Can I easily make these vegan?
Yes! These cookies can easily be vegan with just a few substitutes:
- Make sure the gluten free flour that you’re using does not contain any dairy.
- Instead of using butter, make sure to use a vegan baking stick.
- Make sure the chocolate chips that you use are allergy friendly and dairy free.
These double chocolate brownie bites are super easy to make but, make sure you chill the dough before baking the cookies. If you don't, the cookies will spread all over the place.
This recipe makes about 32 cookies. If you only want to make a small batch, wrap half the dough in plastic wrap, put in a zip top bag and freeze.
When you're ready to make more cookies, take the dough out of the freezer and let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
I hope you love these Double Chocolate Brownie Bites!
No one will ever believe they’re gluten free and allergy friendly! Enjoy!
Other Chocolate Cookie Recipes You'll Love
Double Chocolate Brownie Bites
- 1.5 cups gluten free flour
- ¼ cup cocoa power I use 2 tablespoons of Dark and 2 tablespoons of Dutch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick ½ cup unsalted room temperature butter or vegan baking stick
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of honey
- 1.5 cups allergy friendly semi sweet chocolate chips for cookie dough
- ¾ cup allergy friendly semi sweet chocolate chips for rolling
- ¼ cup granulated sugar for rolling
- Whisk together the gluten free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer or using a hand held mixer, beat the butter or vegan baking stick and the brown sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the honey and beat until fluffy.
- Reduce speed to low. Gradually add in the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Turn off the mixer and use a spatula to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Fold in 1.5 cups of chocolate chips into the dough using the spatula.
- Place dough in plastic wrap and flatten into an oval.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. I’ve left it in the fridge overnight before.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the ¾ cup of chocolate chips on a plate.
- Take a piece of cookie dough and roll it into a 1 inch ball.
- Roll the dough ball into the extra chips.
- Then drop the dough ball into granulated sugar.
- Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake until tops are cracking and cookies are just set, about 9 minutes.
- After a few minutes transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and enjoy!
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature.