These Jumbo Gingerbread Muffins are the most delicious breakfast. Loaded with cinnamon and ginger, they’re the perfect flavor combo for the cooler weather (or anytime for that matter)! Gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily vegan…these babies are done baking in just 25 minutes making them a super quick bfast that can feed 6!
My little girl loves cinnamon but she loves ginger too! These muffins are the perfect combination of these two flavors!
They make 6 jumbo muffins but luckily they’re so easy to whip up because they’ll be gone in no time!
TIPS FOR MAKING JUMBO GINGERBREAD MUFFINS
MIX THE INGREDIENTS
Whisk together your dry ingredients- In a large bowl whisk together the gluten free flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Set aside.
Mix the cornstarch and water- In a medium bowl, using a spoon, mix together the cornstarch and water until it’s thin and watery. It will be thick and tacky at first.
Add in the wet ingredients and brown sugar- To the cornstarch water, add in the milk of choice, vegetable oil, brown sugar, molasses and vanilla. Whisk until combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry- Slowly add them in a little at a time and whisk them together. Once it gets too thick, switch to using a spatula. Mix until combined.
FILL THE MUFFIN PANS
Fill the muffin tin to the very top- Line your muffin pan with liners. If you don’t have liners, grease each muffin well in the tin. Use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin tins to the top. If you’re using the jumbo pan, use all the batter to fill 6 cups. You want them filled to the top because they are going to rise straight up.
Smooth the tops- Use the back of a spoon or a small knife to smooth the tops of the muffins.
Add more brown sugar- Sprinkle more brown sugar on the tops of each muffin before they go into the oven.
Bake the muffins- Bake the muffins until they are risen and springy to the touch. About 20-25 min.
Let the muffins cool- Let them cool almost completely in the muffin pan before trying to take them out. If you have paper liners, the muffins will come right out. If you don’t have liners, once they’re cool, use a small spatula to lift them out of the pan.
Serve the muffins- You can eat these warm and or at room temperature. Once they’re cool, store the muffins in an airtight container on your counter.
CAN THESE JUMBO GINGERBREAD MUFFINS BE VEGAN?
Yes! Follow these three simple steps below to ensure the muffins are vegan:
- Use a gluten free flour that’s free from dairy- Some gluten free flours contain dairy. Make sure to read the label.
- Swap out the milk with a non dairy milk- For vegan, use a non dairy milk of choice.
Guys, these muffins are so delicious! If you love gingerbread…these are for you!
Not to mention it only takes 25 min to bake them, these gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily vegan muffins are the perfect homemade breakfast that can be made the same day! Enjoy!
Jumbo Gingerbread Muffins
- 1 ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 heaping tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- 1.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 ⅓ cups milk of choice
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsulphured molasses
- ¼ cup packed dark brown sugar plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a jumbo 6 cup muffin tin with vegetable oil or line with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, granulated sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, using a spoon, mix the cornstarch and water until it is thin and watery. It will be thick and tacky at first.
- Then pour in the milk of choice, vegetable oil, molasses, brown sugar and vanilla. Whisk to combine until there are no lumps from the sugar.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and using a spatula, mix until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups almost to the top. Smooth the batter with the back of the spoon and then sprinkle some extra dark brown sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 min until muffins are risen and springy when carefully poked.
- Let cool a few min in the tins and then use a small spatula to lift them out of the muffin tins. This recipe should make about 6 jumbo muffins. Enjoy!
Love muffins? Check out my other muffin recipes here!