This "Oreo" Ice Cream has a creamy no churn vanilla ice cream base with chunks of gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies throughout! It seriously only takes a few minutes to make (minus freezing time) and no machine is needed! This Oreo Cookies Ice Cream is a wonderful marriage of flavors that so many of us love! As always, it’s gluten free, nut free and egg free!
This "Oreo" Ice Cream is so delicious! It's so creamy with a cookie crunch and it couldn't be more simple to make!! I use gluten free, nut free, vegan chocolate sandwich cookies for this cookies and cream ice cream, but you can of course use gluten free oreos if you prefer.
For more cookies and cream recipes, check out my Cookies and Cream Cookies, Cookies and Cream Cake, Cookies and Cream Pie and my Cookies and Cream Cinnamon Rolls.
Reasons to Love this Ice Cream
- Allergy Friendly- This ice cream is gluten free, nut free, egg free and can easily be dairy free (vegan)!
- Super Creamy- This ice cream is so creamy and smooth!
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies- A great addition to the flavors and a nice crunch!
- Easy To Make- No machine is needed and it only takes 10 minutes to whip this ice cream up!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- It helps the ice cream to be thick, creamy and sweet.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Make sure the vanilla you use is pure and gf.
- Kosher Salt- Brings all the flavors out.
- Heavy Cream- We need 2 cups (1 pint).
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies- We need 14 total. Make sure they’re gluten free.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make this Vegan
- Use a dairy free heavy whipping cream.
- Only use sweetened condensed coconut milk that's also gluten free. Keep in mind, it will give your ice cream a coconut flavor.
- Make sure the sprinkles you use are gluten free and vegan.
- Use gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies that are also vegan. These gluten free/vegan chocolate sandwich cookies are my favorites!
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Oreo Cookie Ice Cream
Here are the step by step instructions to make this homemade oreo ice cream!
Step 1: Whisk the Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla and Salt
Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until combined. Set aside.
Step 2: Whip the Heavy Cream
In a separate large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. You can also do this with a whisk.
Step 3: Add in the Condensed Milk Mixture
Whisk the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Make sure not to over whisk. Stop as soon as you get a stiff peak.
Step 4: Break in the Cookies
Break 10 chocolate sandwich cookies over the liquid ice cream mixture.
Once all broken in, use a spatula to fold them into the liquid ice cream.
Step 5: Top with Extra Cookies
Using a spatula, scoop the ice cream into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or a freezer safe ice cream container.
Last but not least, break 4 more cookies over the top of the ice cream and gently press them down but don’t submerge them.
Step 6: Freeze
If using a loaf pan, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze overnight.
Expert Baking Tips
- Break the Chocolate Sandwich Cookies- Use your hands to break the chocolate sandwich cookies into large pieces. Do not smash or cut them. We don’t want a sand like consistency or tiny crumbs. I usually break each cookie into about 3-4 pieces.
- Let it Freeze Overnight- No churn ice cream is simple to make but very soft. It really does need to freeze overnight otherwise it will be a soupy mess within a minute of taking it out of the freezer.
Yes. It needs about 6-7 hours to freeze.
No churn ice cream is super soft and needs a long time to solidify.
If you don’t freeze it overnight, it will be a soupy mess within minutes of being on your counter.
This recipe makes about 1.5 quarts or 6 cups of ice cream.
This is not sponsored but the brand silk makes one. It says it’s gluten free but I don’t see a certified label, so I would look into that if you have celiac.
As for allergens, it does contain coconut, sunflower and faba bean protein.
Gluten Free Oreos are made with oat flour. Even if it is certified gluten free oats, some people with celiac disease cannot process oats. The protein in oats (avenin) is similar to the protein in gluten and in some people, their body confuses the two proteins and their body reacts the same way (activates the gluten reactive T cells).
If you do not have any issues with gluten free oat flour, feel free to use gluten free oreos. Or you can replace the chocolate sandwich cookies with whatever cookies you desire.
Store the ice cream in a 9 x 5 loaf pan or in an airtight ice cream container for up to 2 weeks.
If using a loaf pan, cover the top with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
These are my favorite air tight freezer safe ice cream containers.
Other No Churn Ice Cream Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube! Enjoy!!!
Oreo Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 14 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and the salt.
- In another large bowl using a whisk, or in a large bowl of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, or using a hand held mixer, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, fold the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy whipping cream. Whisk again until stiff peaks form.
- Using your hands, break 10 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies into the liquid ice cream. You want large chunks, not tiny crumbs. I break each cookie into 3-4 pieces. Use the spatula to fold the cookie chunks in.
- Pour the ice cream into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Smooth the top with a butter knife or the back of a spoon.
- Break 4 more chocolate sandwich cookies on top and gently press them into the mixture but don’t submerge them.
- Cover the pan in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. You can also use an airtight freezer safe ice cream container.
This ice cream was so easy to make! Great job!
SO glad you loved it, thanks!
Can I half the receipe
Yes you can!! I would just advise storing it in a smaller freezer safe container!