This Sprinkles Ice Cream is a no churn vanilla ice cream that is loaded with rainbow sprinkles! It only takes a few minutes to mix up (minus freezing time) and no machine is needed! As always, it’s gluten free, nut free and egg free!
This Sprinkles Ice Cream is a party in your mouth! The creamy vanilla has an amazing crunch thanks to all the rainbow sprinkles! The entire recipe can be made with a whisk and if you’re a vanilla and sprinkle lover, you’re going to adore this easy recipe just like my sprinkle sugar cookies! We all know I’m chocolate obsessed but even I can’t get enough of this ice cream!
Reasons To Love This Ice Cream
- Allergy Friendly- This ice cream is gluten free, nut free, egg free and can easily be dairy free (vegan)!
- Super Creamy- This ice cream is so creamy and smooth!
- Rainbow Sprinkles- Adds beautiful colors and a nice crunch!
- Easy To Make- No machine is needed and it only takes 10 minutes to whip this ice cream up!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- It helps the ice cream to be thick, creamy and sweet.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Make sure the vanilla you use is pure and gf or the ice cream will have a chemical flavor.
- Kosher Salt- Brings all the flavors out.
- Heavy Cream- We need 2 cups (1 pint).
- Rainbow Sprinkles- Make sure you get gluten and nut free!
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make this Vegan
- Use a dairy free heavy whipping cream.
- Only use sweetened condensed coconut milk that's also gluten free. Keep in mind, it will give your ice cream a coconut flavor.
- Make sure the sprinkles you use are gluten free and vegan.
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to make Sprinkles Ice Cream
Here are the step by step instructions to make this ice cream!
Step 1: Whisk the Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla and Salt
Whisk them until combined.
Step 2: Whip the Heavy Cream
In a separate large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. You can also do this with a whisk.
Step 3: Add in the Condensed Milk Mixture
Whisk the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Make sure not to over whisk. Stop as soon as you get a stiff peak.
Step 4: Fold in the Sprinkles
Using a spatula, slowly stir in the sprinkles until all combined.
Step 5: Top with Extra Sprinkles
Using the spatula, scoop the ice cream into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or a freezer safe ice cream container and smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle an extra tablespoon of rainbow sprinkles over the top.
Step 6: Freeze
If using a loaf pan, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze overnight.
Expert Baking Tips
- Fold In The Sprinkles- Use a spatula when folding in the sprinkles. If you use the whisk it will break the sprinkles apart.
- Let it Freeze Overnight- No churn ice cream is simple to make but very soft. It really does need to freeze overnight otherwise it will be a soupy mess within a minute of taking it out of the freezer.
Yes. It needs about 6-7 hours to freeze.
No churn ice cream is super soft and needs a long time to solidify.
If you don’t freeze it overnight, it will be a soupy mess within minutes of being on your counter.
This recipe makes about 1.5 quarts or 6 cups of ice cream.
This is not sponsored but the brand silk makes one. It says it’s gluten free but I don’t see a certified label, so I would look into that if you have celiac.
As for allergens, it does contain coconut, sunflower and faba bean protein.
Store the ice cream in a 9 x 5 loaf pan or in an airtight ice cream container.
If using a loaf pan, cover the top with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
These are my favorite air tight freezer safe ice cream containers.
Sprinkles Ice Cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup rainbow sprinkles plus 1 tablespoon sprinkles , kept separate
- In a large bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, beat or whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy whipped cream.
- Whisk the mixture for another few seconds until stiff peaks form. As soon as you see a stiff peak, stop.
- Pour ¾ cup rainbow sprinkles into the ice cream mixture.
- Use the spatula to fold them in.
- Pour the ice cream into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Smooth the top with a butter knife or the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle the extra tablespoon of rainbow sprinkles on top of the ice cream.
- Cover the pan in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. You can also use an airtight freezer safe ice cream container.