This Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream is a no churn fruity ice cream that is loaded with fruity pebbles flavor, rainbow sprinkles, and strawberry sauce! Best is...no machine is needed! As always, this ice cream is gluten free, nut free and egg free!
Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream is sweet and fun and will bring you back to your childhood. It tastes just like Fruity PEBBLES™ and has an amazing crunch thanks to all the rainbow sprinkles just like in our Fruity Pebbles Cookies and Fruity Pebbles Treats!
And of course, it's super fruity thanks to the sweet cereal; something I think lots of kids would love!
Reasons To Love This Ice Cream
- Allergy Friendly- This ice cream is gluten free, nut free, egg free and can easily be dairy free (vegan)!
- Fruity PEBBLES™- We let the Fruity PEBBLES™ soak in the heavy cream so it gets all that fruity flavor!
- Super Creamy- This ice cream is so creamy and smooth!
- Rainbow Sprinkles- Adds beautiful colors and a nice crunch!
- Easy To Make- No machine is needed!!
- Fruity PEBBLES™- I have not substituted this with any other cereal so I don’t know if it would work with another brand.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- It helps the ice cream to be thick, creamy and sweet.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Make sure the vanilla you use is pure and gf or the ice cream will have a chemical flavor.
- Orange Juice- Only use non pulp so you don’t have chunks in your ice cream. It helps bring out the fruity flavors!
- Strawberry Sauce- You can use my easy homemade strawberry sauce recipe or store bought.
- Rainbow Sprinkles- Make sure you get gluten and nut free!
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make this Vegan
- Use a gluten free/vegan rainbow rice cereal. Make sure to read the labels if you're allergic to nuts.
- Use a dairy free heavy whipping cream.
- Only use sweetened condensed coconut milk that's also gluten free. Keep in mind, it will give your ice cream a coconut flavor.
- Make sure the sprinkles you use are gluten free and vegan.
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream
Here are the step by step instructions to make this ice cream!
Step 1: Flavor the Heavy Cream
Pour the heavy cream and fruity pebbles in a bowl. Stir and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes and again after 20 minutes.
Pour through a mesh colander and only use the heavy cream. Discard the cereal.
Step 2: Whisk the Sweetened Condensed Milk, Orange Juice, Vanilla and Salt
Whisk them until combined.
Step 3: Whip the Heavy Cream
In a separate large bowl, beat the fruity heavy cream until soft peaks form. You can also do this with a whisk.
Step 4: Add in the Condensed Milk Mixture
Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy cream and whisk until soft peaks form again. Make sure not to over whisk. Stop as soon as you get soft peaks.
Step 5: Fold in the Sprinkles
Using a spatula, slowly stir in the sprinkles with the spatula until all combined.
Step 6: Dollop Strawberry Sauce
Pour half the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or freezer safe ice cream container that has a rectangular shape.
Smooth the ice cream with the back of a spoon.
Dollop the strawberry sauce in 6 places: 2 at the top, 2 in the middle and 2 at the bottom.
Take a butter knife and gently make swirls with the strawberry sauce.
Pour the rest of the ice cream mixture on top, smooth again and repeat the dolloping of the strawberry sauce.
Step 7: Top with Extra Sprinkles
Sprinkle an extra tablespoon of rainbow sprinkles over the top.
Step 8: Freeze
If using a loaf pan, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze overnight.
Expert Baking Tips
- Soak the Fruity Pebbles™- Place 2 cups of heavy cream and 1 cup of Fruity Pebbles™ in a bowl. Stir and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Take out of the fridge and stir again. Pop back in the fridge for another 10 minutes. Take out, stir again and pour through a mesh colander or sieve. Push down on the cereal with the back of a spoon to get all that heavy cream out. You will see little flecks of Fruity PEBBLES™ in the heavy cream and that’s fine. We just don’t want the cereal pulp.
- Fold In The Sprinkles- Use a spatula when folding in the sprinkles. If you use the whisk it will break the sprinkles apart.
- Let it Freeze Overnight- No churn ice cream is simple to make but very soft. It really does need to freeze overnight otherwise it will be a soupy mess within a minute of taking it out of the freezer.
Yes. It needs about 6-7 hours to freeze.
No churn ice cream is super soft and needs a long time to solidify.
If you don’t freeze it overnight, it will be a soupy mess within minutes of being on your counter.
This recipe makes about 4 cups of ice cream.
Do not pour cereal into the ice cream. You can eliminate the sprinkles but do not replace them with fruity pebbles.
If you replace the sprinkles with fruity pebbles, after the ice cream freezes, the cereal becomes very chewy and can even cause you to choke.
You can sprinkle some fruity pebbles on top of ice cream you put in a bowl right before serving; that way the pebbles retain their crunch.
The orange juice really helps to bring out the fruity flavor of the fruity pebbles.
Although the cereal says gluten free and do not contain any obvious animal products, I read that they may or may not contain vitamin D3 that is synthesized from lanolin, which is derived from sheep wool.
There is vegan vitamin D3 which comes from lichen...so I am unsure as to where it comes from in the rainbow cereal.
To play it safe, you can buy a labeled vegan rainbow rice cereal. Some other brands make it however many are made in facilities with nuts...so please read your labels if you have nut allergies.
Store the ice cream in a 9 x 5 loaf pan or in an airtight ice cream container.
If using a loaf pan, cover the top with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
These are my favorite air tight freezer safe ice cream containers.
The ice cream can be frozen for up to two weeks.
Other Fruity Ice Cream Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles™
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons non pulp orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons strawberry sauce
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles plus 1 tablespoon sprinkles kept separate
- Pour the heavy cream and fruity pebbles in a bowl. Stir and refrigerate for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes and after 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a mesh colander and only use the heavy cream. Discard the cereal.
- While the heavy cream is in the fridge, in a large bowl whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, orange juice, vanilla and salt until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, beat or whisk the fruity heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy whipped cream.
- Whisk the mixture until soft peaks form again. Do not over whisk.
- Pour ½ cup rainbow sprinkles into the ice cream mixture. Use the spatula to fold them in.
- Pour half the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or freezer safe ice cream container that has a rectangular shape.
- Smooth the ice cream with the back of a spoon.
- Dollop the strawberry sauce in 6 places: 2 at the top, 2 in the middle and 2 at the bottom.
- Take a butter knife and gently make swirls with the strawberry sauce.
- Pour the rest of the ice cream mixture in, smooth the top again and repeat the dolloping of the strawberry sauce.
- Sprinkle the extra tablespoon of rainbow sprinkles on top of the ice cream.
- Cover the pan in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. You can also use an airtight freezer safe ice cream container.