These Fruity Pebbles Treats are fruity pebbles marshmallow treats that have white chocolate chips and a fruity icing drizzled on top! They're so fun and even have a little citrus in them to bring out that fun classic flavor! Best yet, they're gluten free, nut free, eggless and easily vegan! If you're a Fruity PEBBLES™ lover...then these are the treats for you!
These Fruity Pebbles Treats will bring you right back to your childhood! They're so colorful, tangy and sweet! They're perfect for when you need a last minute dessert for the kids, a party or for a late night no bake snack! If you're a Fruity PEBBLES™ fan, make sure to check out my Fruity Pebbles Cookies and Fruity Pebbles Ice Cream.
Reasons to Love these Treats
- Allergy Friendly- This recipe is gluten free, nut free, eggless and easily vegan.
- White Chocolate- These treats are topped with white chocolate chips and have them mixed inside the treats themselves.
- Marshmallows- They're made with mini vegan marshmallows.
- Easy to Make- They're no bake and can be made in the microwave! If you love microwave baking, check out my Cocoa Pebbles Treats!
- Fruity PEBBLES™- These treats are loaded and topped with this sweet rainbow crunchy cereal!
- White Chocolate Chips- Make sure to use allergy friendly.
- Unsalted Butter/ Vegan Baking Stick- Use vegan baking sticks to make this recipe vegan.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Make sure the vanilla you use is pure and gf or the treats will taste chemically.
- Kosher Salt- To help bring out all the flavors.
- Marshmallows- I like to use 10 ounces of mini marshmallows. I find they melt more evenly, especially with vegan marshmallows.
- Orange Juice- Only use non pulp so you don’t have chunks in your drizzle. The citrus helps bring out the fruity flavors without being overly tangy!
- Frozen Raspberries- You'll only need two to get the drizzle to be that beautiful pink.
- Fruity PEBBLES™- You can use whatever gluten free/vegan rainbow rice cereal that you desire.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make these Vegan
- Use a gluten free/vegan rainbow rice cereal. Make sure to read the labels if you're allergic to nuts.
- Only use unsalted vegan baking sticks.
- Use white chocolate chips that are gluten free, nut free and vegan.
- Make sure the marshmallows you use are gluten free and vegan.
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Fruity Pebbles Treats
Here are the step by step instructions to make these fruity pebbles rice crispy treats!
Step 1: Melt The Butter/Vegan Baking Stick
Place the butter or vegan baking stick in a heat safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments until fully melted.
Step 2: Add in the Salt and Vanilla
Whisk the salt and the vanilla into the melted butter.
Step 3: Add the Marshmallows
Add in the 10oz of mini marshmallows and use a spatula to coat them all with the melted butter.
Step 4: Melt the Marshmallows
Put the bowl back in the microwave and heat in 40 second increment, whisking after each time, until the marshmallows are melted and the marshmallows and butter are fully incorporated.
If using vegan marshmallows, you may need to whisk hard and quickly to make sure the butter and marshmallows are incorporated.
Step 5: Add the Fruity PEBBLES™ and White Chocolate Chips
Pour the 6 cups of Fruity PEBBLES™ and ½ cup of white chocolate chips into the melted marshmallows. Use a spatula to combine and coat completely. The chips will get all melty and delicious.
Press the treats into a greased 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
Step 6: Make the Fruity Drizzle
In a small bowl, mix together the confectioners' sugar, the orange juice and the 2 frozen raspberries. Use the whisk to mash the raspberries apart and whisk until everything is incorporated and pink. There will be beautiful flecks of raspberries throughout.
Step 7: Drizzle the Fruity Icing on Top
Using a small spoon, drizzle the pink fruity icing on top of the treats and top with more white chocolate chips if desired. Let rest one hour for the treats to solidify then cut in squares or rectangles.
Expert Baking Tips
- Melt the Butter and Marshmallows Slowly- If you're using vegan marshmallows, I recommend heating them slowly in the microwave. I find vegan marshmallows are very difficult to work with and really want to resist melting. They also have a tendency to want to separate from the butter/vegan baking stick. Make sure you whisk in-between each heating session to reincorporate the butter with the marshmallows.
I cut mine into rectangles that are about 3 inches by 2 inches. If you do that, it makes about 20.
You can cut them into smaller squares if you wish.
I find when melting vegan marshmallows, the mini ones seem to melt better.
If using non vegan marshmallows, you can use the large ones. You will need about 40.
Although the cereal says gluten free and do not contain any obvious animal products, I read that they may or may not contain vitamin D3 that is synthesized from lanolin, which is derived from sheep wool.
There is vegan vitamin D3 which comes from lichen...so I am unsure as to where it comes from in the rainbow cereal.
To play it safe, you can buy a labeled vegan rainbow rice cereal. Some other brands make it however many are made in facilities with nuts...so please read your labels if you have nut allergies.
Cut the fruity pebbles crispy treats into rectangles or squares and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
You can freeze the treats for up to 30 days. Wrap the individually cut treats in aluminum foil and then pop them in a zip top bag or put into a freezer safe airtight container.
To thaw, place the treats on the counter for 2 hours or until they are soft.
Fruity Pebbles Treats
For the Treats
- 10 ounces mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan baking stick, melted
- 6 cups fruity pebbles
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips , reserve 2 tablespoons to sprinkle on top
For the Drizzle
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice , no pulp
- 2 raspberries , frozen
For the Treats
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and set aside.
- Place the butter or vegan baking stick in a heat safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second increments until fully melted.
- Whisk the salt and the vanilla into the melted butter.
- Add in the 10oz of mini marshmallows and use a spatula to coat them all with the melted butter.
- Put the bowl back in the microwave and heat in 40 second increments, whisking after each time, until the marshmallows are melted and the marshmallows and butter are fully incorporated.If using vegan marshmallows, you may need to whisk hard and quickly to make sure the butter and marshmallows are incorporated.
- Pour the 6 cups of fruity pebbles and ½ cup of white chocolate chips into the melted marshmallows. Use a spatula to combine and coat completely. The white chocolate chips will get all melty.
- Press the treats into the greased 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
For the Drizzle
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon of orange juice and the 2 frozen raspberries.Use the whisk to break up the raspberries and mix until fully incorporated. The drizzle will be a light pink color with flecks of raspberries throughout.
- Drizzle the pink icing over the top of the treats. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of white chocolate chips if desired. Let sit for one hour until everything solidifies. Cut into squares or rectangles. Enjoy!