This Oreo Dip is gluten free, egg free and nut free. It can be vegan by using vegan cream cheese, vegan baking sticks and using vegan "oreos". Dunk in your favorite gluten free animal cookies and enjoy!
This Oreo Dip is a 5 minute dessert dip that the kids will love and will bring you back to your own childhood and the days of Dunakroos. Guys...guys...guys...GUYS! I am alllllll for 5 minutes recipes and snacks. Especially with two littles, certain days the baking just cannot get done.
Reasons To Love This Dip
- Allergy Friendly- This dip is gluten free, nut free, egg free and can easily be dairy free (vegan).
- Smooth and Creamy- This dip is so smooth and delicious!
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies- You can use gluten free oreos, but I use gluten free/ vegan chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Butter/ Vegan Baking Stick- Only use softened. If you use melted, the dip will be too runny.
- Light Brown Sugar- For added sweetness.
- Cream Cheese- Gives it a cheesecake like little tang.
- Chocolate Sandwich Cookies: You can use whatever gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies you desire. The ones I use are certified gluten free and they’re vegan.
Expert Baking Tips
Use Softened Butter/Vegan Baking Stick
Do not use melted butter.
If you use melted butter the dip will be very runny and liquidy.
Break the Chocolate Sandwich Cookies By Hand
I love having chunks of chocolate sandwich cookies in every bite. I broke the cookies by hand into small chunks. This helps the cookies be less sandy.
If you chop the sandwich cookies and make them too fine, they will turn dip completely grey.
Step By Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make this dip!
Step 1: Beat the Cream Cheese and Butter
In a large bowl of an electric mixer or using a large bowl with a hand held mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and butter/vegan baking stick until smooth and combined.
About 2 minutes.
Step 2: Add in the sugars and Vanilla
Pour in the confectioners’ sugar, light brown sugar and the vanilla.
Beat again until everything is combined.
Step 3: Add in the chocolate sandwich cookie chunks
Pour in your chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs and use a spatula to mix.
Step 4: Top with more Cookies
Once combined, use the spatula to scoop the dip into a small bowl. Top with some more chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs if desired.
Dunk in your gluten free chocolate animal cookies and enjoy!
How To Make These Vegan
Follow these simple steps to make sure this dip is vegan:
- Instead of butter, use a vegan baking stick.
- Only use a non dairy cream cheese.
- Read the labels to ensure you use gluten free/vegan chocolate sandwich cookies.
You’ll need to do a few minutes of prep work like breaking your cookies and softening your cream cheese and butter but this recipe literally comes together in minutes!
I used Kinnikinnick Kinni Kritters in chocolate. They’re vegan/gluten free chocolate animal crackers and they’re delish.
You can also use gf/vegan graham crackers.
First of all, if you don’t know what these are I am so sorry for you because you missed out! But don’t worry; I hear they’re back!!!!! Sadly, they’re not gluten free but don’t worry because we can make our own!
Anyway, they were a snack in the 90s. Individually packaged little cookies and frosting that you would dip the cookies into. For a kid...this was amazing. For an adult...I would still eat a homemade safe version of this...AND I do...in my own house. Obviously. Haha!
Yes you can!
Simply replace the gluten free/ vegan chocolate sandwich cookies with whatever cookies you desire!
Storing and Freezing
Store extra oreo dip in an airtight container or a bowl covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days.
I do not recommend freezing this dip. It is best fresh.
Other No Bake Recipes To Try
Please leave me a star review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare if you make my recipes and follow along on Pinterest! Enjoy!!!
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened (use vegan cream cheese to make vegan)
- ½ cup unsalted butter , or vegan baking stick, softened
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5-7 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies , broken into small chunks
- 1 box gluten free chocolate animal cookies
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer or using a large bowl with a hand held mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth and combined. About 2 minutes.
- Pour in the confectioners’ sugar, light brown sugar and the vanilla. Beat again until everything is combined.
- Pour in your chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs and use a spatula to mix.
- Once combined, use the spatula to scoop the dip into a small bowl. Top with some more chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs if desired. Dunk in your gluten free chocolate animal cookies and enjoy!