These No-Bake Chocolate Wow Butter Bars taste like peanut butter chocolate bars while having zero nuts of any kind! Just because you can’t have nuts doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy a flavor combination that so many of us adore. Not allergic to nuts? No problem! Simply replace the wow butter with creamy peanut butter or another nut/seed spread of your choice! These bars are completely gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily dairy free (vegan)!
Guys. This recipe is delicious but I cannot take credit for it.
The recipe is from the talented Sally of Sally’s Baking Addiction and all I did was make it nut free and gluten free.
I’m sharing the recipe because some of you with bad allergies may not realize you too can still enjoy that chocolate and peanut butter flavor combo even if you cannot have nuts or seeds of any kind!
Let’s talk about some of the basics:
What is Wow Butter?
For those of you that don’t know, Wow Butter is a nut free butter spread that is made in a gluten free, tree nut free, peanut free, egg free and dairy free facility.
In addition, it also contains no seeds and is made of soy.
Wow Butter is perfect for my household since my kids have issues with all those items aside from dairy (finally) and soy.
I am lucky enough to have this product in my local grocery store, but you can also buy it on amazon.
What if I don't have a nut allergy? Can I use Peanut Butter?
Yes! If you don’t have any nut allergies, you can use creamy peanut butter in place of the wow butter.
Simply replace the wow butter in the recipe for equal amounts of creamy peanut butter and there you have it!
You can also use any nut or seed butter of choice.
Can these No-Bake Chocolate Wow Butter Bars be Vegan?
Yes! The bars are already gluten free and egg free. To make the bars vegan, simply follow these tips:
- Swap out the butter with vegan baking sticks– Make sure to use vegan baking sticks instead of butter.
- Use gf/vegan Graham Crackers- Make sure to read the label. The brand I use is both gluten free and vegan.
- Make sure the chocolate chips you use are vegan- Read the label to ensure the chocolate chips you’re using are free from dairy.
- Only use gluten free/vegan nut free butter spreads- Make sure to read the labels to keep these bars vegan. Wow Butter is completely gluten free, nut free and vegan! This is not sponsored, I just love how the product has that peanut butter flavor while still being completely safe for my family!
Tips for making Wow Butter Chocolate Bars
Crush the Graham Crackers- Put them all in a zip top bag and use the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to break them into teeny tiny crumbs. You want a sand-like consistency.
Mix the wow butter base- Mix the melted butter or vegan baking stick, sugar and gluten free Graham crumbs together in a large bowl until combined. Add in 1 cup of wow butter and mix until combined again.
Use your hands- Since wow butter tends to be way thicker than peanut butter, the easiest way to spread it into the pan is with your clean hands. Use a spatula to scoop it into the lined pan and gently use clean hands to press it down and even it out. You can try to use a butter knife or spatula but I found hands work best.
Mix the melted chocolate- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons wow butter with the chocolate chips in 15 second increments stirring after each time until fully melted.
Pour the melted chocolate- Pour the melted chocolate over the wow butter layer and refrigerate for two hours. Sit out for 10 min before cutting and keep refrigerated after serving.
This recipe could not be more simple!
I love that it’s no bake and comes together in about 10-15 min. Yes it does need some time to chill before serving, but clean up is a breeze!
In this house, these Chocolate Wow Butter Bars disappear in about the same time it takes for them to chill! Enjoy!
No-Bake Chocolate Wow Butter Bars
- ½ cup 1 stick butter or vegan baking stick, melted
- 1 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs about 8 sheets of crackers
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons wow butter divided
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix melted butter or vegan baking stick, gluten free graham crumbs and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in one cup of wow butter and then press evenly into a lined baking dish.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of wow butter with the chocolate chips in 15 second increments, stirring after each time until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the wow butter layer and refrigerate for two hours. Sit out for 10 min before cutting and keep refrigerated after serving.