These No-Bake Chocolate Wow Butter Bars taste like peanut butter chocolate bars while having zero nuts of any kind! Just because you can’t have nuts doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy a flavor combination that so many of us adore. Not allergic to nuts? No problem! Simply replace the wow butter with creamy peanut butter or another nut/seed spread of your choice! These bars are completely gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily dairy free (vegan)!
For more Wow Butter recipes, try my Wow Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, Wow Butter Cake and my Wow Butter Chocolate Tart.
Guys. This recipe is delicious but I cannot take credit for it.
The recipe is from the talented Sally of Sally’s Baking Addiction and all I did was make it nut free and gluten free.
I’m sharing the recipe because some of you with bad allergies may not realize you too can still enjoy that chocolate and peanut butter flavor combo even if you cannot have nuts or seeds of any kind! For more of that combo, check out my Nut Free Chocolate Spread.
- Wow Butter- For those of you that don’t know, Wow Butter is a nut free butter spread that is made in a gluten free, tree nut free, peanut free, egg free and dairy free facility. In addition, it also contains no seeds and is made of soy. Wow Butter is perfect for my household since my kids have issues with all those items aside from dairy (finally) and soy. I am lucky enough to have this product in my local grocery store, but you can also buy it on amazon.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make this Vegan
- Swap out the butter with vegan baking sticks.
- Use gf/vegan Graham Crackers.
- Make sure the chocolate chips you use are vegan.
- Only use gluten free/vegan nut free butter spreads.
For Regular Peanut Butter
- Simply replace the wow butter in the recipe for equal amounts of creamy peanut butter.
- You can also use any nut or seed butter of choice.
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to Make No-Bake Wow Butter Bars
Here are the step by step instructions to make these bars!
Step 1: Line the Pan
Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Crush the Graham Crackers
Put all of the graham crackers in a zip top bag and use the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to break them into teeny tiny crumbs. You want a sand-like consistency.
Step 3: Melt the Butter
Place the butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 9 second increments until completely melted.
Step 4: Mix the Butter with Sugar and Graham Crackers
Mix melted butter or vegan baking stick, gluten free graham crumbs and sugar together in a bowl.
Step 5: Add the Wow Butter
Stir in one cup of wow butter and then press evenly into a lined baking dish.
Step 6: Heat up the Wow Butter and Chocolate Chips
In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of wow butter with the chocolate chips in 15 second increments, stirring after each time until fully melted.
Step 7: Pour and Chill
Pour the melted chocolate over the wow butter layer and refrigerate for two hours. Sit out for 10 min before cutting and keep refrigerated after serving.
This recipe could not be more simple!
I love that it’s no bake and comes together in about 10-15 min. Yes it does need some time to chill before serving, but clean up is a breeze!
In this house, these Chocolate Wow Butter Bars disappear in about the same time it takes for them to chill! Enjoy!
Expert Baking Tips
- Use your hands- Since wow butter tends to be way thicker than peanut butter, the easiest way to spread it into the pan is with your clean hands just like in my Eggless Brownies. Use a spatula to scoop it into the lined pan and gently use clean hands to press it down and even it out. You can try to use a butter knife or spatula but I found hands work best.
Other Dessert Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube! Enjoy!!!
No-Bake Chocolate Wow Butter Bars
- ½ cup 1 stick butter or vegan baking stick, melted
- 1 cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs about 8 sheets of crackers
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons wow butter divided
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix melted butter or vegan baking stick, gluten free graham crumbs and sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in one cup of wow butter and then press evenly into a lined baking dish.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of wow butter with the chocolate chips in 15 second increments, stirring after each time until fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the wow butter layer and refrigerate for two hours. Sit out for 10 min before cutting and keep refrigerated after serving.
These look amazing and I can’t wait to try to make the Wow Butter Bars myself!
Thank you! Hope you love them!
I Loved this recipe my family just love them!
I had to bake my own graham crackers because now I can't have rice as well as gluten. There is rice flour in almost everything ready made that's gluten free and in most blends. One question. I assume it would be okay to bake the graham cracker crust. I have never liked unbaked crusts. They're too mushy for me. Thank you! I recently found you and I love your recipes.
Hi Alene! So sorry to hear about the rice issue. For these bars there isn't a crust. The graham crackers are smashed to a sand like consistency and then mixed into the melted butter with the wow butter or peanut butter and sugar. The bars end up tasting like a reeses. The bottom wow butter layer has a creamy consistency. Hope this helps! Thank you so so much for your kind words! xox