Being nut free does not mean giving up on amazing tasting chocolate spreads. With this Nut Free Chocolate Spread, you can have that delicious chocolatey nutty taste without using any nuts at all. It requires only two ingredients that are also gluten free and vegan and takes minutes to make.
Nutella is a chocolate spread that is beloved by so so many. But what can you do if you can’t have nuts? You can make your own chocolate nut free butter spread in a matter of minutes.
This recipe makes a small batch enough for toast for two people. Of course you could always increase the ratios to make enough for your entire family.
REASONS TO LOVE THESE DONUTS
- Allergy Friendly- This spread is gluten free, nut free, egg free and can easily be dairy free (vegan).
- Creamy- This spread is are so silly and delicious!
- Peanut Butter Flavor- This spread has the flavor of peanut butter and chocolate with zero nuts of any kind!
- Chocolate Chips- Use an allergy friendly one to make this vegan!
- Wow Butter- A delicious nut free/seed free peanut butter alternative!
- Bread- Make sure to use a gluten free/vegan bread to keep this recipe allergy friendly.
Wow Butter Info
For those of you that don’t know, Wow Butter is a nut free butter spread that is made in a gluten free, tree nut free, peanut free, egg free and dairy free facility.
In addition, it also contains no seeds and is made of soy.The flavor truly reminds me of peanut butter!
Wow Butter is perfect for my household since my kids have issues with all those items aside from dairy (finally) and soy.
I am lucky enough to have this product in my local grocery store, but you can also buy it on amazon.
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS WITH PICTURES
Here are the steps to make this spread!
STEP 1: Toast the Bread
Place two pieces of gluten free bread in the toaster and toast them to your liking.
Step 2: Melt the chocolate and wow butter
While the bread is toasting, place the wow butter and allergy friendly chocolate chips in the same small microwave safe bowl.
Heat in 15 second increments, stirring after each time until completely melted.
Step 3: Spread on the Toast
Take the toast out of the toaster oven and spread the chocolate wow butter spread over your two pieces of toast.
Step 4: Cut Up some Strawberries if Desired
Cut the tops off your strawberries and then cut your strawberries in half, vertically.
At the top of each half, cut a small V shape and carefully using your knife, round the tops to form the heart.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SPREAD VEGAN
Follow these simple steps to make sure this spread is vegan:
- Use a gluten free flour/vegan bread.
- Make sure to use chocolate chips that are allergy friendly like these.
- If you use another nut or seed butter, make sure it's vegan.
Yes! You can use semi-sweet, dark, "milk", etc.
Yes! If you don’t have any nut allergies, you can use creamy peanut butter in place of the wow butter.
Simply replace the wow butter in the recipe for equal amounts of creamy peanut butter and there you have it!
Or you can use any nut or seed butter of your liking.
Yes you can. Make sure to store it in a bowl, covered with plastic wrap in the fridge. It will solidify, so when ready to use, reheat in 15 second increments, stirring after each time, until the desired consistency.
STORING AND FREEZING
If you have any extra nut free chocolate spread, place it in a bowl, cover with plastic and store it in the fridge for up to two days.
When ready to use, put in a heat safe bowl and microwave in 15 second increments, stirring after each time, until the desired consistency.
I do not recommend freezing this spread.
Other Spreads To Try
Please leave me a star review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare if you make my recipes and follow along on Pinterest! Enjoy!!!
Nut Free Chocolate Spread
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips to make vegan, use allergy friendly chocolate chips
- 1 heaping tablespoon wow butter
- 2 pieces gluten free bread
- 2 strawberries cut in half and shaped like hearts
- Toast the gluten free bread to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, place wow butter and chocolate chips together in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second increments, stirring after each time until melted.
- Take toast out of toaster and spread the chocolate wow butter on top.
- Cut the green tops off your strawberries. Cut each berry in half the long way. At the top of each half, cut a small V and carefully using your knife, round the tops to make a heart shape.
- Place on top of toast and enjoy!