This Nut Free Chocolate Spread has that delicious chocolatey nutty taste without using any nuts at all! It requires only two ingredients that are also gluten free and vegan and takes minutes to make. Whether you spread it on toast, use it to stuff cookie recipes or to dip your fruit into, this Nut Free Chocolate Spread will be a favorite in your household!
Being nut free does not mean giving up on amazing tasting chocolate spreads. Nutella is a chocolate spread that is beloved by so so many. But what can you do if you can’t have nuts? You can make your own chocolate nut free butter spread in a matter of minutes.
This recipe makes a small batch enough for toast for two people just like my Chocolate Chip Mug Cake. Of course you could always increase the ratios to make enough for your entire family.
Reasons To Love This Spread
- Allergy Friendly- This spread is gluten free, nut free, egg free and can easily be dairy free (vegan)!
- Creamy- This spread is so silky and delicious!
- Peanut Butter Flavor- This spread has the flavor of peanut butter and chocolate with zero nuts of any kind!
- Chocolate Chips- Use an allergy friendly one to make this vegan!
- Wow Butter- A delicious nut free/seed free peanut butter alternative!
- Bread- Make sure to use a gluten free/vegan bread to keep this recipe allergy friendly.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make these Vegan
- Use a butter spread that is nut free, vegan and gluten free.
- Read the label on your chocolate chips to ensure they’re gluten free, nut free and vegan.
Using Other Butter Spreads
- You can substitute the wow butter for equal parts creamy peanut butter or any other nut or seed butter if you have no allergies.
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Nut Free Chocolate Spread
Here are the step by step instructions to make this spread!
Step 1: Melt the Chocolate and Wow Butter
Place the wow butter and chocolate chips in the same small microwave safe bowl.
Heat in 15 second increments, stirring after each time until completely melted.
Step 2: Serve
You can use the spread right away while it is liquidy or you can wait till it solidifies a bit.
Expert Baking Tips
- Melt Slowly- If you rush this process and try to even heat the chocolate and wow butter in 20 second increments (instead of 15 second increments), you can overheat the chocolate. If that happens it will seize up and basically not be usable.
Wow Butter is a nut free butter spread that is made in a gluten free, tree nut free, peanut free, egg free and dairy free facility.
In addition, it also contains no seeds and is made of soy. The flavor truly reminds me of peanut butter!
Wow Butter is perfect for my household since my kids have issues with all those items aside from dairy (finally) and soy.
I am lucky enough to have this product in my local grocery store, but you can also buy Wow Butter on amazon.
Yes! You can use semi-sweet, dark, milk, etc.
Yes! If you don’t have any nut allergies, you can use creamy peanut butter in place of the wow butter.
Simply replace the wow butter in the recipe for equal amounts of creamy peanut butter!
Or you can use any nut or seed butter of your liking.
Yes you can. Make sure to store it in a bowl, covered with plastic wrap in the fridge. It will solidify, so when ready to use, reheat in 15 second increments, stirring after each time, until the desired consistency.
If you have any extra nut free chocolate spread, place it in a bowl, cover with plastic and store it in the fridge for up to two days.
When ready to use, put in a heat safe bowl and microwave in 15 second increments, stirring after each time, until the desired consistency.
I do not recommend freezing this spread.
Nut Free Chocolate Spread
- 2 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 heaping tablespoon wow butter
- Place the wow butter and chocolate chips together in a small microwave safe bowl. Heat in 15 second increments, stirring after each time until melted.
- You can use the spread right away while it is liquidy or you can wait till it solidifies a bit.