This no bake Cookies and Cream Pie is 3 layers of deliciousness. It starts off with a chocolate sandwich cookie base. It’s then filled with a cheesecake like center that has more chocolate sandwich cookies mixed in. Then it’s topped with a layer of chocolate. It could not get more perfect than this! The best part is it’s no bake, gluten free, nut free and egg free! I also give tips on how to make it vegan! If cookies and cream is a favorite of yours…THIS is the most perfect recipe for you!
Well this tart starts off the exact same way and is very very similar.
Now I have another question. Do you remember that super simple 5 minute Cookies & Cream Dip???
THAT dip is what we use as the filling in this pie!
This recipe is sooooo super simple and soooo yummy!
TIPS FOR MAKING This Pie
Crush the chocolate sandwich cookies for the crust- Put them all in a zip top bag and use the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin to break the cookies into teeny tiny crumbs. You want a sand-like consistency. I use these cookies.
Refrigerate the crust- After you mix the crushed cookies with the melted butter or vegan baking stick and form it into your tart pan, refrigerate the crust. Keep the crust in the fridge while you make the filling.
Break the cookies for the filling- Use your hands to break the cookies for the filling. You want chunks not little crumbs or it will turn the filling grey.
Mix the cookies & cream filling- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add in the sugars and vanilla and beat until everything is combined. Pour in your chocolate sandwich cookie chunks and use a spatula to mix them in.
Spread the filling- Use the spatula to scoop the filling into the cookie crust. Then use an icing spatula to smooth it out.
Top with the melted chocolate- Smooth it with an icing spatula or the back of a spoon and refrigerate overnight to ensure the crust doesn’t break apart when you slice it. Of course you don’t have to wait that long but it might be a bit of a mess if you try to slice it too soon.
Store extras in the fridge- Since there is cream cheese in this pie, it needs to be refrigerated.
CAN THIS TART BE VEGAN?
Yes! Follow these few steps to ensure this is a vegan dessert:
- Vegan Cream Cheese- Use vegan cream cheese instead of a dairy one.
- Vegan Baking Sticks- Make sure to use vegan baking sticks instead of butter.
- Vegan/GF Cookies- Only use vegan/gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Allergy Friendly Chocolate Chips- Read the label on the back of your chocolate chips to ensure they’re gluten free, nut free and vegan.
This no bake, gluten free, egg free and nut free Cookies and Cream Pie is like a creamy little cheesecake with a snappy chocolate topping and crunchy cookie bottom.
If cookies and cream is a favorite combo of yours, I know you’ll be making this again and again!
Cookies and Cream Pie
For the crust:
- 28 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies crushed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan baking stick
For the filling:
- 1 package 8oz cream cheese, softened (use vegan cream cheese to make vegan)
- 1 stick ½ cup unsalted butter, softened (use vegan baking sticks to make vegan)
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies broken into small chunks
For the topping:
- 8 oz semi sweet chocolate chips use allergy friendly for vegan
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan baking stick
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Grease a 9 inch tart pan with vegetable oil.
- For the crust: Place sandwich cookies in a zip top bag and seal it shut. Crush the cookies with the flat side of a meat mallet or a rolling pin until they have a sand-like consistency.
- In a microwave safe medium bowl, melt the butter or vegan baking stick in 20 second increments until completely melted.
- Pour the crushed cookies into the melted butter and stir with a spatula to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the tart pan and press into the bottom and up the sides. I find using the flat bottom of a measuring cup really works well.
- Pop in the fridge uncovered as you make the filling.
- For the filling: In a large bowl of an electric mixer or using a large bowl with a hand held mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and butter until smooth and combined. About 2 minutes.
- Pour in the confectioners’ sugar, light brown sugar and the vanilla. Beat again until everything is combined.
- Pour in the chocolate sandwich cookie chunks and use a spatula to mix.
- Use the spatula to scoop the filling into the cookie crust. Then use an icing spatula to smooth it out.
- For the topping: In a large microwave safe bowl, heat the chocolate chips and the butter in 12 second increments, stirring after each time, until completely melted. Make sure not to overheat because then the chocolate seizes up and turns into an unworkable paste. You want the mixture to be liquid.
- Once melted, whisk in the vanilla and pour the mixture on top of the tart and smooth it out using an icing spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Cover loosely with foil and pop in the fridge overnight because you really want that cookie crust not to crumble apart when you cut into it and you also want that center to set.
- When ready to serve, take it out and let it sit on the counter for about 5 minutes. This makes cutting it easier.
- Store leftovers wrapped in the fridge. Enjoy!