This Oreo Fudge is creamy yet crunchy, sweet yet rich! All the best things rolled into one! It takes literally minutes to make and my version is gluten free, nut free, eggless and can easily be vegan!
This easy oreo fudge is the perfect easy treat to feed a bunch of people. It is sure to be the perfect crowd pleaser and that people will keep coming back for just like my Cocoa Pebble Treats!
Reasons to Love this Fudge
- Allergy Friendly- This recipe is gluten free, nut free, eggless and easily vegan.
- Chocolate- This fudge is made with an allergy friendly chocolate chips.
- "Oreo"- I use vegan/gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies.
- Easy to Make- Only requires minutes to make!
- Chocolate Chips- Make sure to use allergy friendly.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- It helps the fudge to be thick, creamy and sweet.
- Unsalted Butter/ Vegan Baking Stick- Helps to add to the creamy texture.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Make sure the vanilla you use is pure and gf or the fudge will taste chemically.
- Kosher Salt- To help bring out all the flavors.
- Oreos- You can use gluten free oreos but I like to use these.
Expert Baking Tips
I know many people are able to make fudge in the microwave by sticking the entire bowl in for a minute at a time but I find that the chocolate seizes that way.
I like to heat mine in 20 second increments, stirring after each time until melted and incorporated.
Chop Your Cookies Ahead of Time
Make sure your chocolate sandwich cookies are cut up and ready to go so they can be mixed in before the cookies and cream fudge starts to set.
I like to cut each cookie into quarters.
Make sure to only use 9 cookies for mixing in the fudge (36 chunks); reserve 4 cookies (12 chunks) to place on the top of the fudge.
Step by Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make this fudge!
Step 1: Place Chips, Butter and Sweetened Condensed Milk in a Microwave Safe Bowl
Heat in 20 second increments, stirring after each time until the chocolate, butter/vegan baking stick and sweetened condensed milk are fully melted and incorporated.
Step 2: Add in the Vanilla and Salt
Once melted, stir in the vanilla and salt until combined.
Step 3: Add in the Cookie Chunks
Using a spatula, fold in 9 cookies worth of the chocolate sandwich cookie chunks (36 chunks) until just combined.
Step 4: Pour into Pan
Pour the fudge into a lightly greased and lined with parchment paper 8 x 8 pan. Smooth the top with a butter knife or icing spatula.
Step 5: Add More Cookie Chunks
Gently press the rest of the cookie chunks into the top of the fudge so they stick but aren't fully submerged.
Step 6: Chill
Pop the fudge into the fridge to let it set. It needs at least 1 hour.
How to Make this Vegan
Most vegan alternatives for making this fudge contain coconut and my son cannot have it.
Some contain legumes and he can’t have those either; therefore I am unable to have these products in my home to test for you guys.
Please keep in mind that I cannot test this out at my home due to my son’s allergies, so I can’t promise it will work and it will change the flavor since coconut has a unique taste.
But…this is my idea for those of you who are dairy free:
How to Ensure the Fudge is Vegan
- Use sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Only use unsalted vegan baking stick.
- Use chocolate chips that are gluten free, nut free and vegan.
- Make sure the chocolate sandwich cookies you use are allergy friendly.
You can cut it into squares or rectangles but I prefer it into 64 one inch squares.
NO. You need to use the sweetened condensed.
The fudge will be too thin. I wouldn't use anything larger than an 8x8 pan.
No you don't. You can leave that out. I just feel it helps to make the fudge creamy.
No you don't but then please keep in mind it won't be "oreo" fudge.
Storing and Freezing
Store the Oreo Fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can freeze the fudge for up to 30 days. Wrap the entire 8x8 inch square in plastic wrap and then pop in a zip top bag or put into a freezer safe airtight container.
To thaw, place the fudge in the fridge the night before you need it.
Other No Bake Recipes to Try
Please leave me a star review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare if you make my recipes and follow along on Pinterest! Enjoy!!!
- 2 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk , 1 can
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter or vegan baking stick
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 12 gluten free chocolate sandwich cookies , each one cut into quarters
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 1 inch overhang on two sides.
- Place the chocolate chips, the sweetened condensed milk and the unsalted butter or vegan baking stick in a large microwave safe bowl.
- Heat in 20 second increments, stirring after each time until the chocolate, butter/vegan baking stick and sweetened condensed milk are fully melted and incorporated.
- Once melted, stir in the vanilla and salt until combined.
- Using a spatula, fold in 9 cookies worth of the chocolate sandwich cookie chunks (36 chunks) until just combined.
- Pour the fudge into a lightly greased and lined with parchment paper 8 x 8 pan. Smooth the top with a butter knife or icing spatula.
- Gently press the rest of the cookie chunks into the top of the fudge so they stick but aren't fully submerged.
- Pop the fudge into the fridge to let it set. It needs at least 1 hour.
- Cut into 1 inch squares and enjoy!