Inspired by Ivan Ramen in NYC, the roasted tomatoes in this ramen noodles recipe bring such an amazing umami flavor to this dish. This delicious meal is gluten free, nut free and can easily be vegan by making a few minor substitutions. This is not a dish to be missed!
I know what you’re thinking. Roasted tomatoes and broccoli in ramen?? The answer is yes!
This ramen noodles recipe is so delicious...I can’t get enough.
A few years ago when I went to Ivan Ramen in the city I was so blown away by his use of roasted tomatoes.
It was such a simple thing that I had never seen before. Made so much sense.
Roasted tomatoes are packed with umami flavor. It was just brilliant.
At any rate, I now always put roasted tomatoes in my ramen and even on my white rice. I can’t get enough.
This recipe is super simple but here are a few tips to make it complete allergy friendly:
- Of course, make sure the rice noodles that you’re using are gluten free.
- Make sure you use a gluten free soy sauce or tamari sauce.
- To make the recipe vegan: use vegetable broth, replace the fish sauce with an extra teaspoon of gluten free soy sauce and omit the eggs. If you feel the veggies aren’t enough, you can always add tofu.
And that’s it! An amazing quick meal inspired by Ivan Ramen that’s gluten free, nut free and easily vegan. Enjoy!
Here’s a pic of me at Ivan Ramen:
Ramen with Roasted Tomatoes
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce if wanting vegan, use soy sauce here as well
- ¼ teaspoon sriracha
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 mushrooms sliced I used baby white and baby portobello mushrooms. If you have shiitake use those.
- 4 scallions chopped reserve a tiny bowl of these for garnish
- 8 grape or cherry tricolor tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 florets of broccoli sliced in half
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 2 soft boiled eggs omit these for vegan
- Pre packaged gluten free rice noodles
- Set a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the broth, scallions minus the little bit you’re reserving, soy sauce, fish sauce, sriracha, black pepper, and 4 of the 6 sliced mushrooms. Bring to a boil.
- While the broth is cooking, take the remaining two sliced mushrooms, the sliced tomatoes and sliced broccoli and place them on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 min until veggies are slightly charred.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the soft boiled eggs. Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil. Gently place in the two eggs. Be careful not to splash yourself with hot water. Cook for 6 and a half minutes and then immediately place the eggs into cold water.
- Once broth is boiling, turn the heat to low and start cooking your gluten free rice noodles according to the package. Once noodles are cooked, divide them between two bowls. Ladle the broth on top of the noodles and place your roasted veggies and eggs sliced in half, on top. Garnish with the extra scallions and some fresh black pepper. Enjoy!
- NOTE: To make this recipe vegan, use vegetable broth, replace the fish sauce with an extra teaspoon of gluten free soy sauce and omit the eggs.