This No Churn Graham Ice Cream is sweet golden deliciousness in every spoonful. Chewy and sweet honey ripple with soft chunks of gluten free Graham crackers make this ice cream the most amazing treat!
Honey on ice cream. I mean. You cannot go wrong with this combination of honey and graham.
The recipe is so simple thanks to being no churn and it’s gluten free, egg free and nut free.
Reasons To Love This Ice Cream
- Allergy Friendly- This ice cream is gluten free, nut free, egg free and can be dairy free (vegan).
- Super Creamy- This ice cream is so creamy and smooth!
- Graham- Adds great texture and flavor!
- Honey Ripple- Chewy and delicious it adds sweetness to every spoonful.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- It helps the ice cream to be thick, creamy and sweet.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Make sure the vanilla you use is pure and gf or the ice cream will taste chemically.
- Honey- Make sure you get gluten and nut free but get whatever brand you desire.
- Grahams- Make sure to use gluten free/nut free and vegan if you desire.
See my recipe card below for a complete list of the ingredients with measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
How to Make this Vegan
- Use a dairy free heavy whipping cream.
- Only use sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Use a vegan baking stick instead of butter.
- Make sure your gluten free grahams are also vegan.
This recipe has not been tested with these substitutions and/or variations due to celiac disease and food allergies. If you change any of the ingredients, please let us know how the recipe turned out in the comments below!
How to Make Graham Ice Cream
Here are the steps to make this ice cream!
Step 1: Make the Honey Drizzle
In a small saucepan set over medium heat, whisk the butter and honey constantly, until they are both combined.
Once incorporated, remove from the heat and let it cool for about 15 minutes while you make the ice cream.
Step 2: Break the Grahams
Break your gluten free Graham Crackers into chunks using your hands. You want large chunks, not tiny crumbs. Set aside.
Step 3: Whisk the Sweetened Condensed Milk, Vanilla and Salt
In a large bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt until combined.
Step 4: Whip the Heavy Cream
In a separate large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. You can also do this with a whisk.
Step 5: Add in the Condensed Milk Mixture
Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk mixture and whisk until stiff peaks form. Make sure not to over whisk. Stop as soon as you get a stiff peak.
Step 6: Layer the Grahams and Honey
Using the spatula, scoop ⅓ of the ice cream mixture into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or a freezer safe ice cream container and smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
Sprinkle ⅓ of the brown grahams on top.
Drizzle about ⅓ of the honey mixture on top.
Take a butter knife and swirl it all together. Repeat this pattern 2 additional times (3 times total) to fill the loaf pan.
If the honey butter mixture starts to solidify too much, pop it in the microwave in a heat safe bowl and heat in 10 second increments until easy enough to drizzle.
Step 7: Freeze
If using a loaf pan, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. You can also use a rectangular freezer safe airtight container. Freeze overnight.
Expert Baking Tips
- Make the Honey Drizzle First- Make this first so that it can cool. It needs to cool for at least 15 minutes prior to adding it to the ice cream. If it has solidified too much before adding it to the ice cream, just pop it in the microwave in a heat safe bowl and heat in 10 second increments until easy enough to drizzle.
- Let the Ice Cream Freeze Overnight- No churn ice cream is simple to make but very soft. It really does need to freeze overnight otherwise it will be a soupy mess within a minute of taking it out of the freezer.
Yes. It needs about 6-7 hours to freeze.
No churn ice cream is super soft and needs a long time to solidify.
If you don’t freeze it overnight, it will be a soupy mess within minutes of being on your counter.
This recipe makes about 1.5 quarts or 6 cups of ice cream.
You can use whatever honey you desire. Just be aware that sometimes there can be cross contamination of nuts in honey due to the pollen.
Make sure to talk to your doctor before consuming if you have peanut and tree nut allergies.
Storing and Freezing
Store the Graham Ice Cream in a 9x 5 loaf pan or in an freezer safe airtight rectangular shaped ice cream container.
If using a loaf pan, cover the top with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
The ice cream can be frozen for up to two weeks.
Other Ice Cream Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Graham Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter or vegan baking stick
- ½ cup honey
- 7 sheets of gluten free Graham crackers
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, whisk the butter and honey constantly, until they are both combined.
- Once incorporated, remove from heat and let it cool for about 15 min while you make the ice cream.
- Break up your Graham crackers into chunks using your hands. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, the vanilla and the salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Using a spatula, pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipping cream. Whisk again until stiff peaks form.
- In a 9 x 5 loaf pan, pour ⅓ of the ice cream.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the Graham crackers on top.
- Drizzle about ⅓ of the honey butter mixture and then take a butter knife and swirl it all together. Repeat this pattern 2 additional times (3 times total) to fill the loaf pan.
- If the honey butter mixture starts to solidify too much, just put it in a microwave safe bowl and heat in 10 second increments until easy enough to drizzle.
- Cover the loaf pan with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil and place in the freezer overnight. It’s no churn so it needs a long time to solidify. Enjoy!