Sometimes simple is best. This No Churn Cinnamon Swirl Ice Cream is just that. It doesn’t need any fancy toppings...it’s perfect just as it is. A vanilla ice cream base infused with a luscious cinnamon caramel swirl. It’s gluten free, egg free, nut free and no churn, which means it’s super easy to make...no ice cream maker needed!
I absolutely love no churn ice cream recipes. Even though I have an ice cream maker and love to use it, sometimes I just want to make ice cream without it.
This recipe is so simple to make but I do have a few tips to help you.
The vanilla you use matters.
When making vanilla ice cream, whether it is no churn or made with a machine...the type of vanilla extract you use is very important.
Make sure you’re using a gluten free and nut safe pure vanilla extract from a brand you trust.
In my younger days, before kids, I tried making vanilla ice cream with a cheap vanilla and let me tell you. It tasted like chemicals.
Making the cinnamon caramel...
The recipe uses light corn syrup. Some of you asked if you can use other options instead of corn syrup.
After some research, it seems like corn syrup is the way to go. It prevents the caramel from crystallizing which is important in this recipe.
Pop it in the freezer overnight before serving.
No churn ice cream is amazing but it’s super soft so it needs to freeze for quite a while prior to serving. Unlike ice cream from an ice cream machine that only needs about two hours in the freezer after making, no churn needs to be in there overnight to solidify.
With that said, when you take your ice cream out to serve...don’t leave it on the counter too long, otherwise it will be a soupy mess. No churn does melt very very quickly.
Ok guys that’s it for tips! The recipe is super delicious. I ended up combining two recipes from The Food Network to make this and it came out perfectly.
No Churn Cinnamon Swirl Ice Cream is a delicious gluten free, egg free, nut free frozen treat that’s perfect for any time of the year! Enjoy!
No Churn Cinnamon Swirl Ice Cream
For the vanilla ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the cinnamon swirl:
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan baking stick
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- In a large bowl using a whisk, or in a large bowl of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment, or using a hand held mixer...beat your heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla.
- Fold the sweetened condensed vanilla mixture into the heavy whipping cream. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the freezer while you make the cinnamon swirl.
- In a small saucepan set over medium low heat, whisk together the dark brown sugar, the water and the cinnamon until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is syrupy. About 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter or vegan baking stick until it has all melted.
- When it has melted, vigorously whisk in the light corn syrup until it is fully combined.
- Take your bowl of vanilla ice cream out of the freezer.
- Carefully pour the cinnamon mixture into the ice cream in a swirl like motion.
- The hot cinnamon mixture will start to get stringy as it hits the cold ice cream. This is normal.
- Fold it in using a spatula and pour the ice cream into a freezer safe container. If you’re using a 9x5 loaf pan, make sure you cover it with plastic wrap and the aluminum foil to prevent ice crystals.
- Pop in the freezer and allow to freeze overnight before serving. Enjoy!