Each spoonful of this No Churn Apple Pie Ice Cream tastes like apple pie melting on your tongue. The flavors are a beautiful medley of apple, maple, brown sugar, cinnamon and gluten free graham cracker. It’s everything you love about apple pie in ice cream form. Best part is, it’s gluten free, nut free and egg free!!!
This Apple Pie Ice Cream is sweet, creamy and tastes just like a slice of apple pie! Not to mention, it only takes a few minutes to whip up!
Reasons to Love this Ice Cream
- Allergy Friendly- This ice cream is gluten free, nut free and egg free.
- Super Creamy- This ice cream is so creamy and smooth!
- Applesauce: This recipe calls for 3 tablespoons of applesauce.
- Easy To Make- No machine is needed and it only takes 15 minutes to whip this ice cream up!
- Sweetened Condensed Milk- It helps the ice cream to be thick, creamy and sweet.
- Pure Vanilla Extract- Make sure the vanilla you use is pure and gf or the ice cream will have a chemical flavor.
- Applesauce: You can of course use store bought but I love to use my super simple homemade applesauce recipe.
- Maple Syrup: The pure grade A maple syrup gives the ice cream those nutty, caramel like delicate undertones.
- Dark Brown Sugar: The dark brown sugar has a richer molasses taste than the light brown sugar and truly makes this ice cream pop.
- Cinnamon: Brings that sweet yet woodsy flavor that we just love in apple pies.
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers: Tie perfectly in with the rest of the flavors to kind of resemble a crust.
Step by Step Instructions
Here are the steps to make this ice cream!
Step 1: Whisk the Ingredients minus the Heavy Cream and Grahams
In a medium bowl, whisk the sweetened condensed milk, the applesauce, the dark brown sugar, the cinnamon, the vanilla until combined.
Step 2: Whip the Heavy Cream
In a separate large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. You can also do this with a whisk.
Step 3: Add in the Condensed Milk Mixture
Whisk the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Make sure not to over whisk. Stop as soon as you get a stiff peak.
Step 4: Top with Graham Crackers
Using the spatula, scoop the ice cream into a 9 x 5 loaf pan or a freezer safe ice cream container and smooth the top using the back of a spoon.
Top with the broken up gluten free grahams and sprinkle with more brown sugar.
Step 5: Freeze
If using a loaf pan, cover the ice cream with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil. Freeze overnight.
Expert Baking Tips
Break the Graham Crackers by Hand
I love having chunks of grahams. I broke the crackers by hand into small chunks. This helps the ice cream be less sandy.
If you chop the graham crackers and make them too fine, they will turn the ice cream grainy.
Let it Freeze Overnight
No churn ice cream is simple to make but very soft.
It really does need to freeze overnight otherwise it will be a soupy mess within a minute of taking it out of the freezer.
How to Make This Vegan
A lot of you have been asking how to make my ice cream vegan.
Here is the issue. Most vegan alternatives for making ice cream contain coconut and my son cannot have it.
Some contain legumes and he can’t have those either; therefore I am unable to have these products in my home to test for you guys.
Please keep in mind that I cannot test this out at my home due to my son’s allergies, so I can’t promise it will work and it will change the flavor since coconut has a unique taste.
But…these are my ideas for those of you who have been asking. Hope it helps.
Vegan Products to Try
Ideally, you should be able to swap out the heavy cream with a vegan heavy whipping cream.
This is not sponsored but the brand silk makes one.
It says it’s gluten free but I don’t see a certified label, so I would look into that if you have celiac.
As for allergens, it does contain coconut, sunflower and faba bean protein.
As for the sweetened condensed milk, use sweetened condensed coconut milk.
A bunch of different brands make sweetened condensed coconut milk. Just make sure whatever you choose is gluten free if you’re gf.
How to Ensure the Ice Cream is Vegan
- Use a dairy free heavy whipping cream.
- Only use sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Make sure the graham crackers you use are gluten free, nut free and vegan.
- Don't buy applesauce with strange fillers. Make sure to read the label or make your own.
Yes. It needs about 6-7 hours to freeze.
No churn ice cream is super soft and needs a long time to solidify.
If you don’t freeze it overnight, it will be a soupy mess within minutes of being on your counter.
This recipe makes about 1.5 quarts or 6 cups of ice cream.
Yes you absolutely can.
I only add a little because I do not want the graham flavor to over power the apple pie flavor. The amount in this recipe blends nicely with the other flavors.
If you want graham crackers throughout, pour some ice cream into the pan (not all). Break up some crackers and sprinkle them on top. Sprinkle brown sugar as well. Pour the additional ice cream on top and repeat the graham cracker and brown sugar sprinkling.
Storing and Freezing
Store the ice cream in a 9x 5 loaf pan or in an airtight ice cream container. I love these.
If using a loaf pan, cover the top with plastic wrap and then aluminum foil.
The ice cream can be frozen for up to two weeks.
Other Ice Cream Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Apple Pie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (I used grade A)
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar , packed and extra for sprinkling
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 gluten free graham cracker , broken into small pieces
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, applesauce, maple syrup, dark brown sugar, and cinnamon. Whisk all together to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, using a whisk or hand mixer, mix the heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Once the soft peaks form, pour in the other wet ingredients. Whisk or beat again until stiff peaks form.
- Pour ice cream into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Using your hands, break up the gluten free graham cracker and sprinkle on top of the ice cream. Sprinkle additional dark brown sugar on top. Cover with plastic wrap, then aluminum foil and freeze overnight.