Little bursts of sunshine are the best way to describe these Lemon Curd Cookies. These buttery lemon cookies are dusted with confectioners’ sugar and filled with an eggless lemon curd. Best part is they’re gluten free, nut free, completely egg free and easily dairy free (vegan)! They’re a definite must try!
Cookies with lemon curd are little sweet and tangy delights! I love these lemon curd cookies so so much; there’s nothing better than biting into a buttery cookie and meeting a nice lemony gooey center.
Tips for making these Cookies
Mix your dry ingredients- Whisk together the gluten free flour, ½ cup confectioners’ sugar and kosher salt together in a medium bowl.
Beat your other ingredients- In a large bowl of an electric mixer or using a hand held mixer, beat together the butter or vegan baking stick, ¼ cup confectioners sugar, zest and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice until pale and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes.
Add in the gf flour mixture and milk of choice- Alternating, but starting and ending with the gf flour mixture, beat in the flour then milk then flour until combined.
Chill the dough balls- Roll the dough into one inch balls and refrigerate them for at least 10-15 minutes.
Bake- Transfer the dough balls to a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and very carefully press a hole into the center of each ball using the back of a wooden spoon. Pop them back into the oven and let them cook for an additional 6 minutes. Take them out and repress the holes again. Let them cool on the baking sheet.
Dress up the cookies- Once the cookies have completely cooled, dust them with confectioners’ sugar and then pour the Eggless Lemon Curd into each hole. Store cookies in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can these be vegan?
Yes! To make these vegan, use these ingredients:
- Dairy Free GF Flour- Use a gluten free flour that is free of dairy.
- Vegan Baking Sticks- Use vegan baking sticks instead of butter.
- Non Dairy Milk- Use a non dairy milk of choice.
- Eggless Lemon Curd- Use this recipe for eggless lemon curd.
Little Bites of Sunshine
These Lemon Curd Cookies are so so good! If you love lemon curd, these are the cookies for you! Best part is, they’re gluten free, egg free, nut free and easily vegan! Enjoy!
Lemon Curd Cookies
- 2.5 cups of gluten free flour make sure to use dairy free if you’re making them vegan
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 sticks 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature or vegan baking sticks
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- Eggless Lemon Curd
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Whisk together flour, ½ cup confectioners' sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat butter or vegan baking sticks with ¼ cup confectioners' sugar, zest, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- On low speed, beat in the gluten free flour mixture and milk of choice, alternating and starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Remove sheets and carefully press the end of a wooden spoon handle into the center of each ball to indent. Continue to bake until an additional 6 minutes. Repeat making the hole with the back of the wooden spoon. Let cool completely on sheets.
- Dust completely cool cookies with confectioners’ sugar, spoon the eggless lemon curd into the indents and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!