This Mini Chocolate Cakes recipe is delicious decadence served up in just 5 minutes - 3 minutes to prep and 2 minutes to bake in the microwave! They’re a delectable gluten free, nut free, egg free and potentially vegan dessert that will be devoured instantly!
Reasons to Love These Cakes
I’m fairly certain my kids want to to bake chocolate cake every single day.
Every night, for dessert, they ask, “Did you make any cake today?!”
Well...I may not always be able to bake a two layer chocolate cake, BUT I've got an adorable alternative: this 5-minute mini chocolate cakes recipe.
Yes I’m serious.
A few minutes of prep time and less than 2 minutes to cook in the microwave and BOOM...chocolate cake for dessert is served. For an added bonus, wash it down with a Vegan Hot Chocolate.
How to Make Mini Chocolate Cakes
Here are the step by step instructions to make these cakes!
Step 1: Whisk the Ingredients
Whisk all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add in the wet and whisk until combined.
Step 2: Scoop the Batter
Now it’s time to scoop the batter into 3 lightly greased ramekins. To scoop, you can use a tablespoon but I like to use a cookie scoop.
You want to put about 2.5 tablespoons or scoops into each ramekin.
Step 3: Smooth the Batter
Then gently smooth the tops with the back of a tiny spoon. Top them with the mini chocolate chips and pop them in the microwave.
Step 4: Microwave
When you put them in the microwave, put them in a group (like a Mickey Mouse formation) in the center of the microwave...instead of in a line.
Microwave the cakes for 1 minute and 50 seconds and BOOM...instant dessert.
These Mini Chocolate Cakes are gluten free, egg free, nut free and can easily be dairy free (vegan) by using a non dairy milk of your choice. They’re a delicious dessert that takes only 5 minutes to make. Enjoy!
Other Easy Cake Recipes You'll Love
Mini Chocolate Cakes
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder 1 tablespoon Dutch and 1 tablespoon Dark
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon 3 teaspoons mini allergy friendly chocolate chips
- Grease 3 ramekins with vegetable oil and set aside.
- Using a whisk, mix the gluten free flour, the cocoa powder, the baking powder, the granulated sugar, the light brown sugar and the salt together in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the milk of choice, vegetable oil and the vanilla.
- Using a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop, scoop about 2.5 tablespoons of batter into each ramekin. Smooth the tops with the back of a small spoon and top each one with 1 teaspoon of the mini chocolate chips.
- Pop all 3 ramekins in the microwave at the same time, in a Mickey Mouse formation, not in a line.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute and 50 seconds or until the cake top kind of springs back at you when gently poked.
- Carefully remove them from the microwave...the ramekins will be hot!
- Top with whipped cream and/or chocolate syrup and enjoy!