This No Churn Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream is super chocolatey. It’s rich yet sweet and has double chocolate chip cookies in each spoonful. It’s so simple to make and of course, gluten free, egg free and nut free!
Yes, I’ve made lots of no churn ice creams. Yes I make chocolate ice cream...but never before have I made a chocolate no churn.
I don’t know why! Chocolate is one of my favorite things on this planet and it’s so simple to make!
Anyway, I created this recipe and it’s super chocolatey. If you’re a chocolate lover, I think you’ll love it too!
This is not sponsored, but I used Cybele’s Free To Eat chocolate chunk cookies. They are gluten free, nut free, egg free and vegan. They’re free of the top 8 allergens and there are zero of those allergens in the facility.
You really can use whatever cookies you love.
Tips for making No Churn Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla- Whisk together until fully combined.
- Sift in your dry ingredients- This will prevent giant clumps from forming when you mix it into the liquid ingredients.
- Use a spatula to stir the thick chocolate sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream- The chocolate mixture is so thick. Don’t try to use a whisk because it will just get stuck. Use a spatula to mix until everything is fully incorporated.
- Fold in your broken cookies using a spatula- Gently do this. You don’t want the cookie chunks to turn into tiny crumbs.
- Freeze your ice cream overnight before serving- No churn ice cream needs to be frozen for many hours in order to solidify. Make sure you freeze it overnight before serving unless you want to have chocolate soup!
I so love this decadent No Churn Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream! It’s beyond delicious and takes less than 15 minutes to make! As always, it’s gluten free, nut free and egg free! Enjoy!
No Churn Chocolate Cookie Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sifted cocoa powder ½ cup dark and ¼ cup unsweetened or dutch, sifted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar sifted
- Pinch of salt
- 12-15 chocolate chunk cookies broken into tiny pieces
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and the vanilla.
- Using a spatula, stir in the sifted cocoa powder, sifted light brown sugar and salt. This will get very thick. Keep stirring until fully blended.
- In another large bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, stir in the thick chocolate sweetened condensed milk mixture. Keep folding in until completely combined. There should be stiff peaks at this point. If not, whisk again till stiff peaks form.
- Use the spatula to fold in the cookie pieces. Pour into a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Sprinkle some more broken cookies on top, cover with plastic wrap then aluminum foil and freeze overnight before serving. Enjoy!