Just because you cannot have eggs or gluten does not mean you can’t enjoy delicious French Toast. This is the easiest recipe ever and can absolutely be made vegan! Allergy friendly French Toast is insanely yummy only a few minutes away!
French Toast is one of my all time favorite breakfasts. Ok, I seriously love most breakfast food but French Toast definitely is a stand out to me.
When my kids got diagnosed with food allergies and celiac disease, I needed to find a way to make this dish in a way that they both would still love, since it was something they both ate. I truly didn’t realize just how easy that would be.
For more breakfast recipes, try my Gluten Free Banana Scones, Gluten Free Pancakes and my Chocolate Waffles.
Let’s make Egg Free French Toast!
We want to start with 4 pieces of your favorite gluten free bread. This post is NOT sponsored, but my kids and I love Schar Gluten Free Bread. We use the Artisan Baker White Bread and I love it for two reasons.
1. It is gluten free, egg free, nut free and dairy free. It does contain soy, if you have an allergy.
2. A lot of gluten free breads fall apart when submerged in milk, but this bread is strong enough to hold up.
Of course, you can use whatever bread you love. Place the 4 slices of bread in a baking dish so that they are side by side and not on top of one another.
In a liquid measuring cup, measure out ½ cup milk of choice. Before my son was diagnosed with nut allergies, I used to make this for my daughter with almond milk (she couldn’t have dairy at the time) and it worked perfectly.
Add your cinnamon into the milk and whisk to combine. Pour the cinnamon milk mixture over the 4 pieces of bread. You only want to soak them for a minute or so before you flip them over and have them soak on the other side. Soak for a minute on the other side as well. Again, you don’t want to soak your bread too too long because we want it firm enough to be able to flip on the grill pan.
In the meantime....
Set you burner to medium low heat and carefully butter your grill pan or grease with vegan baking stick or vegetable oil.
Place your 4 slices of bread onto the warmed buttered grill pan and let cook for a few minutes until the under side has turned a golden brown. You can peek with a spatula. That’s fine...I always do.
Once the under side is golden brown, flip the French toast over and cook until those sides are golden brown as well.
Take off the pan and top with whatever you’d like! In this house we love melted chocolate, powdered sugar and maple syrup. Yes. All of that. It’s delicious. Haha.
That is it! Making gluten free, egg free, nut free and potentially vegan French Toast was never easier and never more delicious.
More Breakfast Recipes You'll Love
Did you try this recipe? Please leave me a ⭐ review below!
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @laneandgreyfare and follow along on Pinterest, Facebook and YouTube! Enjoy!!!
Egg Free French Toast
- 4 slices of gluten free bread I use schar
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter vegan baking stick or vegetable oil for greasing grill pan
- In a measuring cup mix together the milk and cinnamon with a small whisk.
- Place the 4 slice of bread in a baking dish and pour the milk cinnamon mixture over the 4 slices.
- Let them soak for a min or so and flip the bread over and soak for another minute. When using gluten free bread be careful not to soak too long...or else the bread might fall apart.
- Set your burner to medium low heat. Butter your grill pan. Place your 4 slices of soaked bread onto the warm buttered pan.
- Let cook for a few minutes until the under side is golden brown. Flip and do the same with the other side. Take off pan and serve.
- Top with whatever you like. In this house we love melted chocolate and maple syrup. That is IT!!! It’s so delicious and could not be more simple. Enjoy!
Quick and easy French Toast! My kids love it! Thanks!
I'm so glad you love it!