These Wow Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have that peanut butter flavor with chocolate in every bite. They taste exactly like peanut butter chocolate chip cookies but the best part is they’re perfect for those with allergies. These cookies are completely gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily vegan! They’re a must try for anyone with nut allergies that are still longing for that peanut butter flavor!
Guys. I love these cookies. Before my son was diagnosed with nut allergies, I was a big fan of peanut butter. I'd eat it daily.
And peanut butter with chocolate?! The absolute best combo.
When my son was diagnosed, I assumed I’d never be able to taste that flavor again.
I was wrong! To me, Wow Butter tastes like peanut butter and works beautifully in baking!
WHAT IS WOW BUTTER?
Again for those of you that don’t know, Wow Butter is a nut free butter spread that is made in a gluten free, tree nut free, peanut free, egg free and dairy free facility.
It also contains no seeds and is made of soy.
It is perfect for my household since my kids have issues with all those items aside from dairy (finally) and soy.
I am lucky enough to have this product in my local grocery store, but you can also buy it on amazon.
CAN I TRY THIS WOW BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE WITH OTHER BUTTER SPREADS?
Yes! You can use other spreads!
WHAT IF I DON’T HAVE AN NUT ALLERGY? CAN I USE PEANUT BUTTER?
Yes! If you don’t have any nut allergies, you can use creamy peanut butter in place of the wow butter.
Simply replace the wow butter in the recipe for equal amounts of creamy peanut butter and there you have it!
WHAT MAKES THESE COOKIES SO DELICIOUS?
- Softened butter or vegan baking stick: Don’t use melted. Melted butter tends to make the cookies spread out more, especially since no egg, creating a thin crispy cookie and that’s just not what I wanted for this recipe.
- Dark Brown sugar: I only use dark brown sugar in this recipe. The dark brown sugar has more molasses than light brown sugar, making the cookies have more moisture.
- Wow Butter: ½ cup is the wow butter gives these cookies that peanut buttery flavor without over drying the cookies.
- Milk: Egg free cookies need the moisture. Adding the milk of choice is essential.
- Chocolate Chips: Ties in with the wow butter so you get that peanut buttery chocolate flavor combo that so many of us just adore!
TIPS FOR MAKING WOW BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES LOOK EXTRA PRETTY
- Refrigerate the dough- This is a must with egg free cookies. The dough needs to be chilled for at least 2.5 hours so that it doesn’t spread all over the place once they bake. Once you shape the dough into a disc and wrap it in plastic, pop it in the fridge for 2.5 hours. Also, make sure you put the extra dough back into the fridge in between batches.
- Press extra chocolate into the tops of the cookie prior to baking- This makes these cookies even more amazing. It ensures you get chocolate in every bite.
CAN THESE BE VEGAN?
Yes! Follow these steps to make sure they’re vegan:
- Use a gluten free flour that’s free from dairy- Some gluten free flours contain dairy. Make sure to read the label to make sure the flour you’re using is vegan.
- Swap out the butter with vegan baking sticks- Make sure to use vegan baking sticks instead of butter.
- Use a non dairy milk- Replace the milk with a non dairy milk of choice.
- Make sure the chocolate chips you use are vegan- Read the label to ensure the chocolate chips you’re using are free from dairy.
- Only use gluten free/vegan nut free butter spreads- Make sure to read the labels to keep these cookies vegan. Wow Butter is completely gluten free, nut free and vegan! This is not sponsored, I just love how the product has that peanut butter flavor while still being completely safe for my family!
I couldn’t love these cookies any more if I tried.
They’re super addicting and will be gone in no time!
That peanut butter flavor mixed with the chocolate while being gluten free, nut free, egg free and easily vegan, makes these cookies ones you’ll want to make again and again! Enjoy!
Wow Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup 8 tablespoons unsalted butter or vegan baking stick
- 1 ¼ cups dark brown sugar
- ½ cup room temperature wow butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons of cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 1 ¾ cups gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups allergy friendly semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or using a hand held mixer, beat the softened butter or vegan baking stick and the dark brown sugar until soft and creamy. About 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the room temperature wow butter and beat gently until just combined. Make sure the wow butter is room temperature. If it’s cold, it has a tendency to seize up when mixed.
- In a small bowl, using a spoon, mix together the cornstarch and water until thin and watery. It will be thick and tacky at first.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the cornstarch water mixture. Then beat in the vanilla and milk of choice until combined.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, the baking soda and the kosher salt.
- Still on low speed, beat the gluten free flour mixture into the wet ingredients, a little at a time until just combined.
- Once combined, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and using the spatula, fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- The batter will be sticky. Shape into a disc and wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 2.5 hours or overnight. It needs to harden otherwise the cookies will spread all over the place due to lack of an egg.
- After 2.5 hours, preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls. Place the dough about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Press about 4-5 of the remaining chocolate chips into the tops of the raw dough balls.
- Bake in the middle rack for 12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Once cookies are cool, store in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!